This is the only trek that takes you through different terrains on each day. You start your climb from Kullu valley passing through dense pine and maple forest, followed by hiking through lush green meadows alongside the river. The first sight of snow awaits you as you climb up all the way up to the pass. On crossing the pass, you enter into Lahaul valley which is a cold desert, completely distinguished from the earlier terrain. On completion of the trek, we drive to the dazzling Chandertal Lake. For the record, this trail has had many trekkers falling in love with the mountains forever after.
Ex Delhi : 13499/-
Batch 1 : Saturday , 08th June - Saturday, 15th June 2019 ( Ex Delhi )
Batch 2 : Saturday , 06th July - Saturday, 13th July 2019 ( Ex Delhi )
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 : 07th June , Friday - Mumbai to Delhi
12:15 pm : Meet Trikon Team at Bandra Station for all who are joining us from Mumbai
Leave for Delhi & Spend overnight in Train
Day 2: 08th June , Saturday - Drive from Delhi to Bhuntar; 480 Kms; 10-12 Hrs - Altitude: 5,570 Feet
Reach Delhi by 12:30 pm
Meet your Trikon Buddy at MajnuKaTila by 4:30 PM to board the bus for travel to Bhunter.
Day 3: 09th June , Sunday - Reporting at Rumsu base camp and Acclimatization walk.
Get down at Patlikuhal (20 kms after kullu and 20 kms before Manali). We will take local transport from Patlikuhal to Rumsu camp.
Reach Rumsu base camp by 8 AM . Freshening up and breakfast will happen at the base camp. Post breakfast we will go for an acclimatization walk.
Lunch at 1 PM. Post lunch orientation. Orientation will cover all the general instructions that could be helpful for the trek like backpacking, marching technique and medical awareness. Post snacks we will have an ice breaking session.
Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
Day 4: 10th June, Monday - Rumsu to Chikka
After morning breakfast we will start the day’s trek with a beautiful drive to Hamta dam from Rumsu at 8 am.The trek to Chikka starts from Hamta Dam and is easy. It takes around 2-3 hours to complete it. There is a small forest patch and then two wooden bridges before you reach the campsite. Chikka has big rock boulders and a beautiful waterfall.
Overnight in tents at Chikka.
Day 5: 11th June , Tuesday- Chikka to Balu ka Ghera
After morning breakfast we will start the trek for Balu Ka Ghera. Trek duration is around 4 to 5 hours from Chikka to Balu ka Ghera scaling 11900 feet. The initial part of the trek goes through the bank of the river crossing few rock boulders. There is a water stream that needs to be crossed on the way.
Balu ka Ghera is a large plain ground on the bank of the river and camping at this spot is a dream in reality. One can spot Indrasan, the highest peak of Manali valley from here. Snacks would be served in the evening followed by dinner. Overnight camping at Balu Ka Ghera.
Day 6: 12th June , Wednesday - Balu ka Ghera to Shia Ghoru
Today’s trek starts early as we will try covering the maximum snow patch before sun rise. The trek route from Balu Gehra towards Shia Ghoru is a moderate climb, scaling 4,200 meters. The trek duration is relatively long and starts by 5 am in the morning from Balu ka Gera. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach the top of the Hamta Pass. The aerial views of Spiti valley from Hamta Pass is quite breathtaking. We will then descend from Hamta top towards Shia Ghoru. The descend is steep and at times when snow is abundant one can slide down to reach Shia Ghoru.
Day 7: 13th June , Thursday - Shia Ghoru to Chandrataal to Chatru.
After morning breakfast we will start the trek to Chatru. The beautiful view of the valleys of Lahaul and Spiti are not to be missed during the trek. The mountains of Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges adds to the beauty. Chatru is a meeting point of roads coming from Rohtang Pass, Hampta Pass and Spiti. Jeep safari to Chandrataal from Chatru . Myths say that Yudhishthir, the eldest Pandava was called to heaven from Chandra Taal. Overnight camping at Chatru.
Day 8: 14th June , Friday - Drive from Chhatru to Manali, 85 kms; 5 hrs ; Transfer to Delhi
The drive to Manali is a very scenic one. Bidding adieu to the Spiti valley, the route passes through Rohtang Pass which has a fantastic view. On reaching Manali, we freshen up and rest for a while at the Base Camp.
Later, we celebrate and distribute certificates before getting back to the bus, on our way back to Delhi.
Day 9: 15th June , Saturday - Arrival in Delhi by 9 AM.
The trek ends, but the beginning to the blossom of bonds created over the past days!
Day 10: 16th June , Sunday :Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for use at campsites
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 3-4 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Camera or Binoculars (optional)
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch on during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard
- Stay amidst the lush green territory
- Endless river stream throughout the trekking route
- Snow-capped Hampta Pass offers surreal view
- Shop and Eat at Manali & lots more
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from Mumbai to Delhi & Return by AC Train Tickets ( for ex Mumbai )
- Sharing Accommodation ( Homestay / Tent )
- Volvo tickets | Semi Sleeper(Delhi to Delhi)
- Veg meals while on trek ( Day 3 Lunch to Day 7 Lunch )
- 60 Litre Rucksack Bag with Rain Cover
- Trekking equipment(Tents, Sleeping bags)
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during Bus Journey
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the trek
- Anything not mentioned in the exclusion
- Any extra cost incurred due to natural calamities
- Any hospitalization or treatment cost
- 5% GST