Surrounded by lush green forests and fields, the trekking route towards Maharashtra’s Highest Peak i.e. Kalsubai Shikhar is a surreal experience for all the nature lovers and trek enthusiasts. Challenging yet fun-filled, trek towards the highest summit will test your patience and offer an amazing panaromic view of several more mountain ranges like Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar & Harishchandragad. Also, attempting to climb Kalsubai - the most wish-listed mountain in the Sahyadri offers a great sense of achievement for most of the trekking enthusiasts
Story behind Kalsubai – Unveiled
It is truly believed by the local villagers that a house maid residing in a nearby village had disappeared near the mountain while trying to escape her employer's harsh suffering. This gives the mountain its present name i.e. Kalsubai as well as a reason for this temple to be built in her memory.
More about the climbing patches and Summit (Kalsubai Shikhar)
Nestled among several slopes, Kalsubai trek is a mix of easy to ascend slopes as well as rocky patches overlooking the valley below. To reach Kalsubai peak, Govt. has built many iron ladders along the vertical hill slopes. Before the final lap, there comes a resting post where you can halt and enjoy having hot tea as well as crispy snacks. On Kalsubai peak, there exists a temple devoted to Kalsubai Mata where local villagers offer prayers and perform Pujas during festivals.
Batch 1: Sunday 7th Feb (Leaving Saturday, 6th Night)
Batch 2: Sunday 14th Feb (Leaving Saturday, 13th Night)
Batch 3: Sunday 21st Feb (Leaving Saturday, 20th Night)
Batch 4: Sunday 28th Feb (Leaving Saturday, 27th Night)
09:30 pm: Meet The Trikon Buddies at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
09:40 pm: Journey Starts, Pickup On the way
10:40 pm: Pickup from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
02:30 am: Reach base village, freshen up
03:00 am: Introduction round along with rules and start the trek
06:00 am: Reach the top and rest for sometime
06:30 am: Witness Sunrise from the top along with Tea and Breakfast
08:00 am: Start Descending
11:00 am: Reach base village and have lunch
01:30 pm: Start return journey and enjoy evening snacks on the way
06:30 pm: Reach Mumbai (Depends on the traffic)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Sleeping Bag or proper bedding
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Winter Is Here!
- Please wear/carry full sleeves t-shirts or jackets for all camping events
- Thermal innerwear helps shield against cold
- Scarf or mufflers or ear muffs can be of use in windy areas
- Balaclava, woolen caps always prove useful
- Woollen gloves and socks will help keep hands, feet warm
- Moisturizer, sunscreen and lip balm will help prevent sunburn.
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Panoramic view of other peaks from top
- Reaching the top via ladder route
- Know the story behind Kalsubai
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai - Mumbai (Pvt Non AC Bus)
- Morning Breakfast and Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion