Located north west of Ahmedabad and not to be confused with the White Desert or the Rann of Kutch, “Little Rann of Kutch” or simply known as "LRK" can be called as the little brother of the Rann of Kutch. Covering almost 5000 sq kms of area, LRK is a salt marsh and is also a home to the Indian Wild Ass (khur). The Indian wild ass sanctuary or simply known as the IWAS is located inside the Little ran of Kutch.
A stepwell is called as a "Vav" in local Gujarati language. “Adalaj ki Vav” or “Rudadevi Stepwell” is a stepwell located in the village of Adalaj, close to Gandhinagar city. It is considered as a fine example of Indian architectural work. It was built in 1498 in the memory of King Rana Veer Singh by his wife, Queen Rudadevi.
Shankheshwar is a town in the Patan district of Gujarat state. It is an important place of pilgrimage for the followers of Jainism. The current temple of Shri Parshvanath Bhagwan dates to 1811. In terms of importance, the Shankeshwar tirth ranks next only to Palitana (Gujarat) according to the Jain religion.
Varnindra Dham is beautiful temple located at Patadi in Surendranagar district of Gujarat and is dedicated to Swaminarayan Bhagwan. It is at times also referred to as the mini Poicha because of its similarity to the Neelkanth Dham Swaminarayan temple at Poicha. The main attraction at this sprawling temple is the Pradarshani or the Exhibition.
Ex Ahmedabad: Rs 8499/-
3 Tier AC train ticket available on request at Rs 1000/- extra, over and above trip cost
Day 1: Friday - Meet Trikon Team at Bandra Station at 23:30 hrs
Our train for Ahmedabad departs at 23:55 hrs.
Sleep tight as we have a long schedule ahead of us on the next day.
Day 2: Saturday - Adalaj ki Vav & Little Rann of Kutch
Reach Ahmedabad at 07:15 hrs in the morning. Freshen up quickly in the train itself so that we can save time and head outside to catch some delicious local breakfast like Jalebi, Khaman & more. Once we are done with the breakfast, head towards our first destination that is Adalaj ki Vav or Adalaj stepwell. Immerse yourself in this beautiful location as you click numerous selfies and make many reels for Instagram.
After this we head towards LRK or Little Rann of Kutch and check in to our resort. Rooms will be allocated to you by our tour leader. Freshen up, and head to the cosy and house restaurant to have a nice and sumptuous meal. Once you are done with your meals you can either choose to explore the vast outdoor areas of the resort or maybe take a dip in the resort swimming pool.
In evening at 16:00 hrs we head for the most awaited attraction of the trip that is the Little Rann of Kutch. We will take a nice and long safari which takes across the length and breadth of LRK. It is a great chance to spot migratory birds such as sarus crane, ducks, dalmatian pelican and flamingoes along with other wild mammals like the wild ass, Indian wolf, desert fox and nilgai residing inside the LRK. Our local guide will also share valuable information about salt panning which is a very crucial activity in the LRK. Also click some lovely photos of the sunset inside the Rann.
After completing the safari and clicking tons of photos head back towards the resort where yummy buffet dinner awaits us. After filling our tummies, either choose to catch up on some memories of the day over a bon fire or retire into your cosy beds.
Day 3: Sunday - Shankeshwar & Varnindra Dham
Wake up early to catch some gorgeous sunrise. Today is a day where we soak into some Indian culture.
Freshen up, have a hearty breakfast and checkout from the hotel. We now proceed towards a couple decades old and a very important pilgrimage place for the Jains at Shankeshwar. The original temple of Parshvanath Bhagwan was constructd in the year 1098. After multiple destructions the current temple keeps standing from the year 1811. After paying homage to the God and taking blessings we head towards Varnindra Dham. Lunch will be taken on the way.
Varnindra Dham is a temple complex dedicated to Swaminarayan Bhagwan. Apart from the main temple and the statue there are a lot of other attractions inside the temple complex like the museum, train ride, boating and other amusment park activities. In the evening the the area lightens up to decorative lighting.
At 19:00 hrs head towards Ahmedabad railway station. Reach station, eat something at the multiple cafes available there and catch return journey towards Mumbai
Day 4: Monday
Reach Mumbai (Dadar Station) by 07:15 hrs as the trip concludes with happy memories
Things To Carry
- ID card hard copy (Aadhar or driving license)
- Water bottle
- A lightweight luggage and a small day pack to carry water and snacks
- Good pair of footwear
- Cap, sunglasses and scarf
- Camera & Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste and hand sanitizer
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & biscuits to munch on
- ORS or Glucon D
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Ahmedabad & return by non AC sleeper class train
- Private internal transport (air conditioned)
- Air conditioned accommodation on triple sharing basis in resort near Little Rann of Kutch
- Veg/Non Veg meals as mentioned (Day 1 breakfast, lunch, evening tea & dinner) (Day 2 breakfast, lunch & evening tea)
- One guided safari at Little Rann of Kutch
- Forest entry charges at Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary
- Museum charges at Varnindra Dham
- Entry charges at Adalaj ki Vav
- Parking, permit and toll charges
- Trikon expertise charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals other than mentioned
- Bottled water, Soft drinks, etc
- Camera charges at all sightseeing places
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Witness the sprawling Little Rann of Kutch and its vast geological diversity
- Interact with the local salt making community
- Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary
- Witness migratory birds in the Rann
- The stepwell of Adalaj ki Vav
- Bonfire session at resort
- Over 200 years old Jain temple at Shankeshwar
- Fun activities at Varnindra Dham, Patadi
- Local cuisine at Ahmedabad