Ratnagiri Backpacking Trip
If you want to discover the landscape, art, culture and history of this magnificent land called Maharashtra, Ratnagiri is the best place to start your journey from. It is rightly named as “Ratnagiri” which means “A mountain of jewels”. It is rich in Flora and Fauna and has many forts and historical monuments around it. Its culture and diversity is something which makes every person visiting here experience something new!! A land so vivid and spectacular, Ratnagiri has a shade of its own in every season.
Day 0 : 02nd March, 2018 : Mumbai to Ratnagiri (Overnight Bus Journey); 09:00 PM at Dadar
Meet your Trikon Buddy at Hotel Pritam, Dadar at 09:00 PM. Have a seat in our bus and get ready for a fun-filled groovy night ride to Ratnagiri via the famous Mumbai Goa Expressway.
Day 1 : 03rd March, 2018 : Explore the city!
Reach Ratnagiri and check in to Hotel and have breakfast
For the first half of the day, visit Bhagwati Killa, Bhagwati Mandir and attached Lighthouse. On the way we see the Finolex Company at Ranpar which is India’s largest manufacturing site of PVC Pipes and halt for lunch on any Dhaba for some authentic taste of Konkani food.
Post lunch, visit Thiba palace, Thiba point, Bhatye beach and finally Mandovi beach for sunset view.
Have dinner and retire for the day.
Day 2 : 04th March, 2018 :History and Religion Combined experience!!
Early wake up call and have Morning breakfast.
Leave for Aare Ware beach, spend some time on the beach and then proceed to Ganpatipule Mandir. We will spend good amount of time here as many devotees have a long list of wishes which they can get fulfilled by doing Puja here. Next we move to Prachin Konkan Museum if time permits.
We will have lunch on the way and then visit the Jaigad fort.
Post fort exploration, return back to Ratnagiri and have evening snacks.
We start our return journey to Mumbai and have dinner on the way.
Day 3 : 05th March, 2018 : Arrival at Mumbai by 6:00 AM.
Time to get back home! Trip concludes with happy memories!
Things to Carry
- Valid Identity Proof, along with 1 Photocopy for each document
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Daysack (Avoid Suitcases)
- Good pair of shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Fleece Jacket/ Sweater
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on
- The famous Ganpatipule Mandir
- RatnaDurg Fort exploration
- Relish the exotic Konkani Food all throughout the trip
- Clean water and beaches to keep the heat away
- Thiba Palace and Thiba Point
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Triple sharing rooms.
- Comfortable Non-AC Bus from Dadar to Dadar.
- All food from Day 1 Breakfast to Day 2 Evening snacks.
- Entry Tickets and Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Dinner on Day 0 and Day 2
- Any expenses of personal in nature such as Soft Drinks, Mineral water or Souvenirs
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions