When in Goa don’t always think about the touristy beaches! Have you ever thought how does the rustic Goa look? The finding fanny wala Goa, which lets you explore the little yet beautiful churches in the interiors of small towns. The Goa which has a lot of waterfalls and backwaters, where you can spend a relaxed time. Come Trikoners; let’s take you to the unseen and unheard parts of Goa.
Major Attraction: Sao Jao Festival
This festival is quite an infamous celebration that happens in a few nooks and corners of Goa. We will take you to a village where this festival is celebrated with great gusto. According to a very old tradition, all newly married men in the village must jump into a not-so-deep irrigation well and try to get the gifts thrown in by the village people. Let’s run through the fields and take a plunge into the well. Isn’t it worth trying?
Also, people wear fruit loaded hats and row boats on the backwaters to celebrate the festival.
Day 1 23rd June 2020 Tuesday Board Bus at Night from Mumbai (AC Volvo RECOMMENDED)
Leave from Mumbai and spend overnight in Bus/Train/Flight
Day 2 24th June 2020 Wednesday Reach Goa and move towards the Homestay
We stay in a Goan Portuguese style homestay. Check in and freshen up. Be ready for a warm welcome to a 500-year-old Goan-Portuguese home in the sleepy village of Goa! Far from the crowded beaches, they have tried to keep alive the culture, cuisine and essence of Goa, and invite you to be a part of our family. We promise to give you a glimpse of the state’s best kept secrets. Post breakfast get ready to experience the festival vibe around the homestay and other nearby villages. Post lunch visit a local bakery to see traditional earth oven baking and explore the Aldona Fort and Church which looks like a miracle in Monsoons. Spend some time with your co travellers exploring the backwaters and sleep tight.
Day 3 25th June 2020 Thursday Explore the Spice Garden and Explore Unseen Aravalem waterfalls
Wake up in Goa! Have breakfast and freshen up. Get ready to explore the spice plantation in GOA. Eat local food in the spice garden itself and know more about the spices there. Post lunch explore the Aravalem falls and spend some time bathing there. Come back to the homestay for a nice dinner and play fun games before you sleep.
Day 3 26th June 2020 Friday Local Market Day and Island Explore
Wake up and have breakfast. Today lets roam around the local market and explore the charao island which is very sleepy and gives you the perfect off beater experience. Post lunch you can take your flight/bus/train to leave from Goa! (AC Volvo RECOMMENDED)
(Note: We can try and make your travel arrangements both ways if informed earlier)
(Note: If festival celebration gets cancelled/postponed/date changed due to any reasons event will be active and keep happening by covering other experiences no refund shall be given in that case)
What is included in the tour
- Stay in 2/3/4 Sharing Basis
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Sightseeing and Entry costs
- Local transportation for seeing places
- Lunch at Spice plantation
- Panjim to Homestay pick and drop
- Trikon Lead expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Travel from Mumbai to Goa
- Additional places entry fees
- If personal pick and drop needed to any other location
- Camera charges
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST
- Stay in a Goan-Portuguese House
- See the festival being celebrated with great joy
- Explore the unseen Arvalem Falls in Monsoon
- Spend quality time in a spice garden
- See how Pav/Bun is made in a Bakery
- Fall in love with untamed and unseen Goa
- Eat local delicacies
- Be a local and travel locally with a hippie vibe
- Explore the backpacker’s skip the comfort experience
- Tune into the local music and dance like there’s no tomorrow