Morachi Chincholi (Chincholi Morachi), itself means a village of tamarind trees and town of dancing peacocks! It is situated near the Ahmednagar-Pune Highway, about 55 kms from Pune. This little village hosts more than 2500 peafowl, as on date! The story goes that a huge number of tamarind trees were planted during the Peshwa rule, which attracted the peafowl and they simply made it their home!
Your visit to Chincholi Morachi promises you everything that a rustic village-stay should! The authentic Maharashtrian fare will make your taste-buds dance in happiness, just like the peacocks you will be watching! Not only this, you can enjoy the simple joys of a village life, like kandil-lit homes, bird-watching, gilli-danda and other outdoor games with the village kids.
Day 0: Saturday Night
11:00 pm : Meet the Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:15 pm : Departure from Dadar
11.30 pm : Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
11.45 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
12.00 am : Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
Day 2: Sunday
05:30 am: Reach Village Chincholi Morachi, freshen up and have some tea
06:00 am: Proceed for the early morning sighting of Peacocks in the Jungle! Know about Peacocks their habitat and where and how they dance.
08:30 am: Return to village , Have Breakfast
09:30 am onwards: Walk through village, meet the villager , Get a closer look of how cows, buffalo and goats are milked. Experience the innocent touch of calf, puppies and chickens.
Go for a round of rural desi games and activities such as gilli-danda, climbing trees or playing marbles (goti). Major nostalgia!
12:00 pm: We leave for Nighoj a short drive from our village stay. There you explore the potholes and spend some time there. Also, visit a local temple there. You can take a dip at the dam to feel refreshed.
01:30 pm: Have lunch
03:30 pm: Star return journey
09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai (tentative time)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- Extra pair of clothes
- Umbrella and Floaters
- 2 litres of water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes (if required)
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Watch the colourful dancing peacocks in the cool forest of tamarind trees!
- Authentic village experience – Try your hand at farming, milking of cows, gilli-danda perhaps and bullock-cart rides! Wait, there’s more - Bird-watching and Veggie plucking
- Lip-smacking rustic Maharashtrian food!
- Visit to Pomegranate farms (Season June to Sept)
- Visit to Custard apple, groundnut and tamarind farms
- Visit Nighoj Potholes a mini canyon with gauge of river flowing
- Take a dip at the dam and feel refreshed
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast, Lunch & Evening snacks and as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Mumbai to Morachi Chincholi and back
- Entry fees and toll
- Trikon expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- 5% GST