Velas Beach Trip 2021
Situated in the Ratnagiri District of Maharashtra, Velas Beach is very famous for Baby Turtle Hatching Festival. Apart from that you can also witness Bankot fort and Harihareshwar Temple during the trip.
The Fort is located on a prominent and commanding point for guarding the trade route along the Savitri River, which runs till, Mahad which was a busy route in medieval times. It is a fort located on a hill near the sea.
Harihareshwar is renowned tourist spot in Konkan for its temples and beaches. Moreover, it is said as Devbhumi or Temple Town. Harihareshwar alone have two beaches − one, straight beach about 2.4 km long in front of Harihareshwar Temple, and the other beach is about 2 km in an L shape just in front of MTDC Resort. Harihareshwar is an evergreen place and one may visit it in any season. It is placed in the heart of nature and bounded with Sahyadri's hills.
Please Note: Due To Covid, we won't be able to witness Turtle Hatching. This is just a tour and not Turtle Festival.
Day 0 - Friday
22:30 - Meet the Trikon Team at Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
22:45 - Leave from Dadar towards other pick-up points
23:15 - Pickup from K Star Mall , Chembur
23:45 - Pickup from Vashi Below Main Bridge
Overnight Journey to Velas
Day 1 - Saturday
05:00 am - Reach Velas and rest
08:00 am - Good Morning. Freshen Up and Have Breakfast
10:00 am - Leave for Bankot fort
11:00 am - Reach Bankot fort & Explore
12:30 pm - Leave from Bankot fort
01:30 pm - Have lunch and Rest.
04:30 pm - Good Evening. Get Ready For Velas Beach to witness Sunset
07:00 pm - Come Back Home Post Sunset
07:30 pm - Play fun games
08:30 pm - Dinnner & Night strolling
10:00 pm - Hit your bed & retire for the day
Day 2 - Sunday
07:00 am - Wake up Call
08:00 am - Morning Tea/Coffee and Breakfast
10:00 am - Leave for Harihareshwar beach
11:30 am - Visit temple and spend some time besides the beach
12:30 pm - Have delicious Konkani Delicacies
02:30 pm - Start return journey
10:30 pm - Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
- Enjoy eating delicious Home Made food by locals
- Stay at Local Huts & Houses
- Visit Harihareshwar beach and Historical Bankot fort
- An amazing road trip across the swaying palms of Konkan
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Dadar and back by Private AC Bus
- Saturday: Tea/Coffee Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Sunday:Tea/Coffee Breakfast, Lunch
- Sightseeing, Entry and Ferry Charges
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Camera charges
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Sunday Evening Tea/Coffee
- 5% GST
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, Sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process; Trikon won’t be held responsible for low or no hatchings, though the dates are fixed as per the maximum probability.
- The above beaches in and around Velas have strong RIP currents so you won’t be allowed to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards and attempt swimming.
- Velas has good facility of washroom at the home stays.
- Network is quite poor at Velas though the other destinations offer fair connectivity.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.