Velas Turtle Festival Bike Trip 2023
Trikon Presents Velas Turtle Festival Tour 2023 for all those who wish to embark on a memorable sojourn with fellow trikoners to witness the rare and scarce sea turtles at the Golden Sand Beach of Velas. Unarguably, Velas is also one of the popular breeding sites of Olive Ridley Turtle. This is the best time to visit Velas to experience breeding of turtle at Turtle festival.
This New Year visit Velas for the much talked about Turtle Festival. Greet those tiny creatures and see them hatch eggs during the velas turtle festival.
Eco-tourism Trip and Awareness
Velas Turtle Festival is not just about little turtles hatching season and the beautiful beaches, there something more to it. Olive Ridley Turtles are one of the more endangered species of turtle. To protect and conserve these turtles, the Marine Conservation Society hosts this turtle festival at Velas every year to spread awareness and promote eco-tourism.
Day 1 : Saturday,
05:30 am - Meet Trikon Team at Mc Donalds, Kalamboli
06:00 am - Start The Bike Trip to Velas. Breakfast en route
11:30 am - Reach Velas. Unload the Bikes and leave for Bankot Fort
01:00 pm - Leave from Bankot fort
01:30 pm - Have lunch & take rest
04:00 pm - Visit the Beach for Turtle hatching & Sunset
06:30 pm - Watch Informative Documentary
07:30 pm - Play fun games
08:30 pm - Dinner & Night strolling
10:00 pm - Hit your bed & retire for the day
Day 2, Sunday,
06:00 am - Wake up Call
06:30 am - Wake up and leave for Velas beach for the last sighting
08:00 am - Come back to home stay & Have breakfast
10:00 am - Leave for Harihareshwar beach
11:30 am - Visit temple and spend some time besides the beach
12:30 pm - Have delicious Konkani Delicacies
02:30 pm - Start return journey
07:30 pm - Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
Things to Carry
- Legal Bike Papers, Driving Licence, PUC, Insurance, ID Card
- Full faced helmet & other safety gears
- Reflector bibs
- Long pants
- Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
- Torch with spare batteries
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Tool Kit
- Bikes only 150cc and above are allowed
- Make sure the bike is in a good condition for ride
- Safety gears are must both for rider & pillion
- Road Rules (1 file or 2 file) to be decided by group leader
- It’s not a race so be in file and don’t try to overtake other riders
- No wrong side riding or stunt on the highway
- No alcohol on rides
- Rider accompanying a pillion must settle the petrol charges on their own
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process; Trikon won’t be held responsible for low or no hatchings, though the dates are fixed as per the maximum probability.
- The above beaches in and around Velas have strong RIP currents so you won’t be allowed to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards and attempt swimming.
- Velas has good facility of washroom at the home stays.
- Network is quite poor at Velas though the other destinations offer fair connectivity.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
What is included in the tour
- Entry charges
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Saturday Breakfast, Lunch , Evening Tea / Coffee , Dinner & Sunday Breakfast , Lunch
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/ cold drinks
- Any personal expense
- Petrol & Maintenance
- Any RTO fine
- Anything not specifically mentioned in Inclusions.
- 5% GST
- Enjoy eating delicious Home Made food by locals
- Stay at Local Huts & Houses
- Visit Harihareshwar beach and Historical Bankot fort
- An amazing road trip across the swaying palms of Konkan