This is Mumbai’s first museum established in 1872. The main galleries include following
- Industrial arts gallery
- Mumbai gallery
- The founders gallery
- 19th century paintings gallery
- Origin of Mumbai gallery
- Special exhibitions gallery
During our visit to the museum with subject matter expert we plan to explore Origin of Mumbai, Mumbai and Founders galleries.
10:00 am: Meet at Bhau Daji Lad Museum.
10:30 am: After a quick introduction we take guided walk of the selected galleries.
2:00 pm: Finish walk.
Things to Carry:- One need to deposit bag at the enterence
- 2 litres water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, sunscreen etc.
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
How to reach
Central Line - Byculla (East) Station, 2 mins walk
Western Line - Mahalaxmi Station, 10 mins by taxi via Jacob Circle
Harbour Line - Reay Road, 5 mins by taxi, 10 min walk
Pay-and-park facilities are available within the compound for 2 wheelers, cars and buses.
Visitors with Disabilities
The Museum is wheelchair friendly. The Museum and Plaza may be accessed by ramps, with hydraulic lift to access the first floor.
What is included in the tour
- Entry ticket to the museum
- Trikon expertise charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Camera ticket
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion