Astrologers use them to predict future and sailors follow them to navigate high seas. Stars, despite being tiny dots in the sky, store a plethora of information about worlds beyond Earth. From astronomy to mythology, stars have contributed to every field of knowledge. Hidden among those constellations, are trivial but interesting facts and stories. Unravel these mysteries on a fun trip to a village on the foothills of Sahyadri's. Enjoy Stargazing away from the city lights and pollution. There will be games, music and yummy local food to add fun to the cool pleasant night.
Located near Mumbai in the interiors of Maharashtra, Dehne Village serves as a base village for famous treks in the Sahyadri range. Away from the lights and air pollution of Mumbai, Dehne offers a clear sky, making it a perfect location for Stargazing. By dawn, the skyline glows against a silhouette of Ajoba Hills and a setup of a sleepy, serene village. A wide, open, unobstructed view of the sky can help photographers try their hand at Star Trail photography too!
Please Note : Stargazing is completely dependant on sky conditions, in case of a cloudy sky or any other natural/human-influenced phenomenon stargazing may not be possible. Under such circumstances, Trikon will not entertain claims for a refund.
Batch 1: 10th - 11th April 2021
Price: Rs.1,799 (Ex Asangaon)
Price: Rs.1,299 (Without Transport Directly At Base)
Day 01: Saturday
03:30 pm Meet the Trikon Team at Asangaon Station
03:50 pm Leave for Dehne after a brief introduction session
05:00 pm Reach Dehne, freshen up and head to the camping site.
05:45 pm Reach Campsite. Set up tents
06.30 pm Begin stargazing session
- Introduction to telescope
- Introduction to Astronomy
- Naked eye observation
- Telescope Observation
09:00 pm Dinner time.
10:30 pm Restart the stargazing session
- Naked sky observation
- Telescopic observation
01:00 am Tea break
02:00 am Question Answer session
04:45 am Session restarts
- Dawn sky observation
- Naked sky observation
- Telescope observation
06:00 am Session ends. Have tea and snacks
10:00 am Leave for Asangaon
Day 02: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call
08:00 am Freshen up. Enjoy breakfast and tea. Head to Asangaon station.
10:00 am Catch train back to Mumbai
Train Time Table
CST-Asangaon Slow Local
01:30 pm CST
01:48 pm Dadar
02:04 pm Ghatkopar
02:26 pm Thane
02:49 pm Dombivili
03:00 pm Kalyan
03:35 pm Asangaon
Things to Carry:
- Camera (Optional)
- Mask (Mandatory)
- Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding
- Clean napkin or small towel
- fleece jacket / shawl in case of cold weather
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Snacks & Biscuits
What will be covered in Stargazing session?
- Identification of the constellations including that of zodiac
- Mythology behind the constellations
- Our connect with the cosmos
- The history of astronomy
- How the universe began
- The life cycle of stars
- Nakshatras in the sky
- Interesting astronomical facts.
- Telescopic observation of planets, open star clusters, globular star clusters, Nebulae, distant galaxies, double stars, meteors
How to reach Dehne?
- Private vehicle: People travelling by private vehicle can use google map to reach our location. You can access the link by clicking here.
- Public transport: People travelling by public transport can reach Asangaon station by central railway. We will have Private Vehicle ready near the station to take you to the Stargazing Mumbai Dehene Campsite.
- Stargazing with telescope by our astronomy expert
- Learn how to spot stars, planets, constellations
- Try your luck in sighting shooting stars, meteors!
- Enjoy thrill of camping amid Sahyadris
- Chance to sleep under the stars or tents
- Try your hand at star trail photography
- Indulge in local cuisine
- Witness gorgeous sunrise amid hills
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Asangaon-Dehne-Asangaon ( For people joining us from Asangaon )
- Triple Sharing Tented accommodation at campsite
- Food: Saturday Evening Snacks, Dinner and Sunday Breakfast
- 5% GST
- Stargazing Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling from Mumbai to Asangaon
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions