Andharban Trek From Pune
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
Imagine yourself in the middle of dark jungles, finding routes, viewing valleys and crossing ghats, sound adventurous?? Yeah!!!! You’ll be doing all this at Andharban – The Dark forest Trek. This trek is majorly based on descending from the peak. It is one of the most stunning treks and there are lots of things to explore. You will be walking on ridge that gives a scintillating view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the various mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. While you’re trekking, there will be coverage of evergreen forests which covers you with a relaxing shade in first half of the trek (6-8 kms).The trek then descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 kms).The same valley is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting and other adventure activities.
06:00 am: Shivaji Nagar (Main Signal , Opposite to bus stop towards aundh)
06:15 am : Departure from Shivaji Nagar
06:30 am: Wakad
07:00 am: Chandni Chowk
09:00 am : Breakfast & Freshen up at Base Village
9:30 am : Reach Pimpri dam i.e the start point of our trek
10:00 am : Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
01:30 pm : Lunch at Hirdi village
02:30 pm : Continuing with the trek
04:30 pm : Reach Bhira dam ie the End point of our trek
05:00 pm : Evening Snacks at Bhira Village
06:00 pm : Start return journey
08:00 pm : Reach Pune tentatively
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Checkout our blog on Monsoon Trekking Essentials @ https://www.ttrikon.com/blog/monsoon-trekking-essentials/
- Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
- Visit Tamhini Ghat
- Bhira Dam start point
- Walk through dense and dark jungles
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Pune to Andharban and Andharban to Pune
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Expertise Charges
- Andharban Forest Entry Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer