A perfect destination for a one-day trek, Bhupatgad fort is replete with scenic surroundings. This place has historic significance, as it was included in Swarajya by Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Bhupatgad was used as a watchtower then. The ruins atop the fort indicate the presence of a palace. As you enter the fort, you will see a Mahsoba’s statue and a statue of Hanuman. There’s also a small lake at the centre and a water tank. It was after the death of Shivaji Maharaj that Mughals conquered this fort, in 1688 A.D.
Anyone can take a trek to this fort as it is an easy trek and takes just ½ an hour from the foothills to reach above. However, the glimpses of the surrounding that you get to see from the fort are enticing. Besides the mere experience of visiting a yet another fort of historical significance will certainly fill your heart with joy and pride.
05:00 am – Meet the Trikon team outside Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E).
05:30 am – Start journey for Bhupatgad. (Pick Up On the way)
09:30 am – Reach Jawhar base village, freshen-up and have breakfast.
10:30 am - Leave for Bhupatgad fort
12:00 pm – Reach the fort and explore.
01:00 pm – Start descending
02:00 pm – Reach base village and have lunch.
03:30 pm - Visit to Jai-Vilas palace in Jawhar
04:30 pm – Start the return journey for Mumbai (High Tea on the way)
09.30 pm – Reach Dadar (Tentatively)
Things to Carry:
- ID Card
- 2 litres water
- Good trekking shoes
- Enerzal Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes (If Needed)
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Camera (Optional)
What is included in the tour
- Local transport from Mumbai – Mumbai by Non-AC bus
- Morning breakfast. Lunch and evening High Tea
- Entry Charges (If Any)
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Personal Expenses such as Cold Drinks, Mineral Water etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- 5% GST
- Explore the fort area and see the fortification remnants
- Visit jai-Vilas Palace in Jawhar, revere the architecture