Trekking & Camping to Harishchandragad Fort
Grade: Moderate | Endurance: Easy
This mighty Fort never fails to amuse wanderers with its abundance of, mythological, historical importance and most picturesque it’s mountainous ranges. Yeah Harishchandragad it is!
Harishchandragad Trek : is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar District of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty.
This cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. It provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. The cliff has an overhang, but has been climbed many times. Sometimes a circular rainbow (Brocken Spectre phenomenon) can be seen from this point. It can be seen only when there is a bit of mist in the valley, and the sun is right behind the person facing the valley.
Trekking till Harischandragad and camping at this historical location is indeed an experience worth remembering.
Please Note: Washroom Facilities is not available during the Trek & Camping
Date : 4th April - 05th May 2019
Day 0 – Saturday Early Morning
- Catch Last Local to Kasara
- 12:14 @ CSMT
- 12:22 @ Byculla
- 12:32 @ Dadar
- 12:42 @ Kurla
- 01:08 @ Thane
- 01:41 @ Kalyan
- 02:55 @ Kasara
Day 1 – Saturday
- 03:00 am: Meet Trikon Team at Kasara station
- 03:30 am: Move ahead to Pachnai Base Village by Private Jeep
- 04:00 am: Tea / Coffee on the way
- 06:00 am: Reach Pachnai Village
- 08:00 am: Freshen up and Breakfast
- 08.15 am: Start trek to Harischandragad
- 11:00 am: Reach Konkankada. Rest and Relax for some time
- 12.30 pm: Lunch time
- 01.00 pm: Explore Harishchandragad and nap for a while
- 05.30 pm: Enjoy Sunset from Konkankada
- 08.00 pm: Dinner
- 09.00 pm: Head to the caves for night stay
Day 2 – Sunday
- 04:00 am: Wake up to climb Taramati peak, second highest peak of Maharashtra
- 05:30 am: Reach top
- 06:00 am: Start descend to witness hypnotizing Konkankada
- 07:30 am: Breakfast in the open arena of Kokankada
- 09:00 am: Start descend
- 12:00 pm: Reach Pachnai
- 12.30 pm: After reaching Pachnai, hog on yummy lunch
- 05.00 pm: Reach Kasara, start travel for Mumbai
- 08.00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Please Note : Washroom Facilities is not available during the Trek & Camping
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same
- Please take ticket till Kasara
- Board the second last compartment from CST side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Scenic View of Sunset-Sunrise from Kokankada is absolute divine
- Well built lake ‘Saptatirtha’ and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends!
- Whole plethora of Peaks :Taramati,Ajoba Fort, Kulang and many more..
- Night camping and bonfire
What is included in the tour
- Food: Sat – Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea and Dinner; Sun – Breakfast and Lunch
- Transport from Kasara to Kasara
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST