Trekking & Camping to Harishchandragad Fort
Grade: Moderate | Endurance: Easy
This mighty Fort never fails to amuse wanderers with its abundance of, mythological, historical importance and most picturesque it’s mountainous ranges. Yeah Harishchandragad it is!
Harishchandragad Trek : is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar District of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty.
This cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. It provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. The cliff has an overhang, but has been climbed many times. Sometimes a circular rainbow (Brocken Spectre phenomenon) can be seen from this point. It can be seen only when there is a bit of mist in the valley, and the sun is right behind the person facing the valley.
Trekking till Harischandragad and camping at this historical location is indeed an experience worth remembering.
Please Note: Washroom Facilities is not available during the Trek & Camping
Date : 4th April - 05th May 2019
Day 0 – Saturday Night
Catch Fast Local to Kasara
08:44 pm @ CSMT
08:51 pm @ Byculla
08:58 pm @ Dadar
09:07 pm @ Kurla
09:11 pm @ Ghatkopar
09:26 pm @ Thane
09:52 pm @ Kalyan
11:04 pm @ Kasara
11:15 pm: Meet Trikon Team at Kasara station
11:30 am: Moveahead to Pachnai Base Village by Private Jeep
Day 2 – Sunday
04:30 am: Reach Pachnai Village
06:00 am: Freshen up and Breakfast
07.00 am: Start trek to Harischandragad
10.00 am: Reach Konkankada. Rest and Relax for some time
12.00 pm: Start Descending to Pachnai Village
02.00 pm : After reaching Pachnai, hog on yummy lunch
04.00 pm : Start return journey to Kasara by private Jeep
07.00 pm : Reach Kasara, start travel for Mumbai
09.00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Please Note : Washroom Facilities is not available during the Trek
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same
- Please take ticket till Kasara
- Board the second last compartment from CST side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Food: Sat – Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea and Dinner; Sun – Breakfast and Lunch
- Transport from Kasara to Kasara
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST
- Scenic View of Sunset-Sunrise from Kokankada is absolute divine
- Well built lake ‘Saptatirtha’ and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends!
- Whole plethora of Peaks :Taramati,Ajoba Fort, Kulang and many more..
- Night camping and bonfire