Malshej Ghat Forest & Kalu Waterfall Trek
Grade: Moderate | Endurance: Medium
Malshej ghat is a spectacle throughout the year. Before the road was constructed, walking up and down the hill was the only mode of transport for the villagers. Hence, this route is considered ancient. It has a carving of Lord Ganesha, water cisterns and occasional rock cut steps. Most of the route is covered in a canopy of green. This route also has a few historical references during the time of war with the Portuguese. At the end of this route, we move to another trail, one that moves alongside a gushing Kalu river, fiercely meandering through during the monsoons. We walk as close to the waterfall as possible, generally possible only to a distance of 1.5 kms away from the base because of the massive flow of the river which is an impediment for crossing the river. Besides the Kalu Waterfall, you'll also get to see an unknown waterfall to the right, hidden in a gorge, nonetheless spectacular.
Batch 1: Saturday, 9th October 2021 (Leaving Friday Night)
05:00 am: Meet the Trikon Team at Bisleri Junction, Andheri (E)
05:30 am: Pickup from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
06 30 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka, Thane
07:00 am: Pickup from Kalyan Rly Station
09:00 am: Reach Base Village and rest for sometime, eat breakfast
10:00 am: Introdiction round along with the brief will be given for the trek and will commence the trek
01:00 pm Reach the main plateau where we can witness carved stairs and Ganesh Idol. Eat snacks here
02:00 pm: Visit Kalu Waterfall from the distance of 1.5Km
03:00 pm: Head back to village and freshen up, lunch will be provided
04:00 pm: Start return journey to Mumbai
09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai tentatively (Depends upon the traffic)
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Mask & Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusion
- An ancient tribal route
- One of the biggest waterfalls in Sahyadris
- Panoramic view of the waterfalls in Malshej Ghat
- Walk alongside the fierce Kalu River