Malshej Ghat Jungle Trek
Grade: Moderate | Endurance: Medium
Malshej ghat is beautiful throughout the year. From the new tourist point made near the tunnel in Malshej ghat have you ever noticed there is a trail that descends into the valley? It starts near MTDC and ends near base of Kalu Waterfall. The route is ancient with carving of Guardian God Ganesha and water carstens and occasional rock cut steps. Most of the path is shaded and you hardly get exposed to Sun. In the month of October the trail is decorated with various wild flowers. There is a reference of Maratha army descending from this route during Vasai Expedition against Portuguese. After the trek we get a chance to take a dip in clean blue waters of Kalu river and relax the muscles. With extended monsoon there are smaller waterfalls throughout the route which makes the route very enjoyable.
Batch 1: Sunday, 18th July 2021 (Leaving Saturday Night)
09:45 pm: Meet the Trikon Team at Bisleri Junction, Andheri (E)
10:00 pm: Leave for Malshej Ghat Jungle Trek, Pickups on the way
10:30 am: Pickup from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
11:30 pm: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka, Thane
04:00 am: Reach Base Village and rest for sometime
05:30 am: Wakeup Call, freshenup and have tea & breakfast
06:30 am: Back to the bus where will drop at MTDC point, from where the trek will be commenced
07:30 am: Introdiction round along with the brief will be given for the trek and will commence the trek
10:30 am: Reach the main plateau where we can witness carved stairs and Ganesh Idol
11:30 am: Visit Kalu Waterfall from the distance of 1.5Km
12:30 pm: Head back to village and freshen up, lunch will be provided
03:00 pm: Start return journey to Mumbai
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai tentatively (Depends upon the traffic)
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Mask & Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusion