Let’s visit the Gods Own Country this monsoon and experience the exquisite ambience of this beautiful place. Kerala is supposed to be charming in all seasons, but Monsoons are typically the best time to visit the landscape full of lush greenery.
Famed for its backwaters, Kerala is a place which is always a priority on a travelers’ list. In this tour, we take you along the curvy roads of Cochin to Munnar, the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Thekkady and of course, a houseboat stay in Alleppey, also known as the Venice of India.
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 01: Wednesday, 10th July 2019 – Pick up from Cochin Airport / Waterfall Sightings / Munnar (4.5 Hrs – 120 Kms)
Arrive at Cochin airport latest by 01.00 PM and meet your Trikon buddy at the airport. Drive through the beautiful roads and stop at Valara and Cheeyappara falls on the way. Continue to drive further and reach the first destination of our journey, Munnar!!
Check in to the hotel on reaching and have dinner.
Overnight at Munnar.
Day 02: Thursday, 11th July 2019 –Munnar – Mattupetty dam, Munnar Tea Gardens, Rose Garden
We have morning breakfast, and move out for a serene nature walk and bird watching. Munnar derives its name from the confluence of three mountain streams - Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundale. We move to Mattupetty Dam and the Rose Garden, which is a popular picnic spot in the area and spend some time there. Boating in the lake is a prime attraction of Mattupetty Dam apart from its pristine view. Post lunch, we visit the Indo Swiss dairy which is famous for its cattle species of more than 100 varieties!!!!
Next on our list is a visit to Tea Garden. Here we will have a tour of the tea garden and get to know the basics of tea cultivation in detail.
Ofcourse, a trip to Munnar is not complete without a panorama of the beautiful mountains and so we visit the Echo point to capture the view, both with our eyes and with our cameras.
Back to hotel, have dinner and retire for the day at Munnar.
Day 03: Friday, 12th July 2019 – Munnar / Thekkady (3.5 Hrs - 120 Kms)
Have morning breakfast, check out and trace our drive to the scenic and calm town of Thekkady. Thekkady is well known for one of the world's most fascinating wild life reserves -Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. The Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Thekkady is spread across 777 sq km and is well known for its wild life and scenic beauty. You can opt for a cruise at additional charge on Lake Periyar. During the boat ride spot the wildlife (elephants, Indian Gaur, Monkeys, Spotted deer, barking deer and birds of myriad varieties).
Post lunch, we visit the museum for martial arts where one can witness the brilliant performance of Kalari and Kathakali.
After spending the entire day in Thekkady, we come back to our Hotel, have dinner and stay overnight at Thekkady.
Day 04: Saturday, 13th July 2019 – Thekkady / Alleppey / Houseboat (4 Hrs – 145 Kms)
Post morning breakfast, check out from hotel and proceed to reach the Venice of India, Alleppey. On arrival, check in to the Houseboat.
Set out for an awesome overnight backwater cruise in traditional Kerala houseboat. Starting from Alleppey we will take you through sights of paddy fields created from Lake during the ruling of King and here cultivation happens below sea level. We will pass through multiple backwater canals and return back to Alleppey.
You can see the Kerala country side during your entire ride and listen to the sounds of the swaying coconut trees. Watch the local fishermen catch their fish and join them in doing so!!
Dinner in houseboat and Stay Overnight.
Day 05: Sunday, 14th July 2019 – Alleppey / Cochin City Tour / Airport Drop (3 Hrs – 150 Kms)
Wake up after one of the sweetest sleeps you’ve ever had and embrace the beautiful morning with an open heart. Check out from the houseboat and proceed to Kochi.
Today, we cover the sightseeing of Kochi. We will stroll around various places in Kochi including the St Francis Church, Fort Kochi beach, Spice markets to name a few.
Indulge in shopping experience at Jew Street and later with a heavy heart and a mind full of amazing memories, proceed towards Cochin Airport for the flight back home.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on triple sharing basis
- Veg Breakfast and Veg Dinner from Day 01 Dinner to Day 05 Breakfast
- Comfortable private vehicle for sightseeing as per the Itenary ex-Cochin
- All entry tickets as per Itenary
- Driver Allowance, parking fee, toll tax, and Govt., Service Tax
- Cochin Airport pick up and drop
- One night stay in Traditional Kerala Houseboat
- Trikon expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on all days
- Flight/Train tickets or any other transfers to and fro in between Cochin and hometown (We will assist you with flight bookings if required)
- Personal expenditure
- Entry to Tea Garden in Munnar
- Entry to Museum for Kalari and Kathakali in Thekkady
- Evening Tea/Coffee, Desserts, Starters or other meals outside stated meal plan
- Periyar Lake and Mattupetty Dam Boating charges
- Video and Camera tickets at sights
- Use of vehicle outside stated itenary
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- 5% GST
- Beautiful Valara and Cheeyappara Waterfalls
- Picturesque roads of the Hill Country
- Majestic Periyar River
- Thekkady Lake
- Boating in Mattupetty Dam
- Lovely Munnar Rose garden
- Dance at the Tea Plantation in Munnar
- Houseboat Stay in Alleppey
- Fort Kochi Beach
- Kochi Spice Market
- Walk and shop across Jew Street
Valid Identity Proof and 2 recent colour photographs
A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack (Avoid Suitcases)
Good pair of shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
Fleece Jacket/ Sweater
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
Snacks & Biscuits to munch on
Rain coat/jacket and/or Umbrella
Flight Timings and Options:
Arrival at Cochin Airport should be before 01.00 PM on 10 th July 2019
Departure from Cochin Airport should be after 05.30 PM on 14 th July 2019
- Any customization in arrival and departures may lead to additional cost.
- Customization would not be adjusted with any inclusions such as missed sightseeing, stay, meals etc.
- Due to delay by participants if any destination gets missed, same will not be covered.
- If any of the point remains closed without prior intimation, we will try to cover it up with another destination if feasible.
- Please make sure you report at the start location as per the itinerary. No refunds would be entertained by Trikon. Consult your Trikon buddy in advance in case of any changes.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Anybody found consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though this event is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
'Trikon will not responsible for flight cancellation charges, rebooking charges, etc arising due to event cancellation, modification or any unforeseen circumstances.'