Ganpati Gadad Caves Trek
Grade: Easy| Endurance: Moderate
Imagine yourself having a bird’s view from the top from a cave, sounds quite exciting right? Such is this location named GanpatiGadad.GanpatiGadad, is a trek that one might never forget. ‘Gadad’ means, the caves of Lord Shree Ganesha. These Gadad which mean caves are formed in the rocks surrounded by mesmerising waterfalls. One can even spot out the caves from a distance. One can see rectangular patches from far which are the caves. Blooming with greenery in monsoon, one of the most awaited treks of year is GanpatiGadad.
A trekker’s encounter with this impressive place is truly mesmerising. Fogged waterfalls on the way to GanpatiGadadis one of the few reasons in the list and the one of the few reasons to why GanpatiGadad is a must visit. GanpatiGadad is also known as Ganesh caves. A series of 6 to 7 caves awaits this monsoon to be explored again and again. GanpatiGadad is one of the famed adventure destination for trekkers and adventure lovers. A monsoon trek to GanpatiGadad is must especially for those who seek for a blissful experience. Exploring 6 to 7 caves at GanpatiGadad makes this treks an exciting adventure along with trekking.
About the place
One starts the journey from a path from a dense forest to this beautiful destination from Palu, Sonawale a village located in Murbad which is the base village of the trek. Naneghat Trek, Gorakhgad Trek, Dhakoba Fort Trek, Gorakhgad Fort trek, Machindragad are some treks to name which are available nearby this enchanting location. From the small village located in Murbad named Sanawale village, one would reach the destination in 2.3 hours. Located in Thane district, GnapatiGadad is one of the moderate treks near Mumbai. Trekkers come across drenched green valleys, cool winds, hovering clouds and thrilling waterfalls during this time of the year which is monsoon. During your trek while walking across few fields and beautiful streams take a right to start your adventure by climbing the mountain trunk. The caves of GanpatiGadad will be soon visible and one needs to climb higher on the left side of the caves. The view here is scenic. The front view would be of a fort named ‘Durg’. On the right hand side one will also see the scenic view of ‘Siddhagad’, ‘Gorakhgad’ and ‘Machindragad’. If you turn to your left you can see ‘Dhakoba’, ‘Jivdhan’ and ‘Naneghat’
Finally after reaching the caves, the first cave will greet you with a small milky waterfall. You will find such small fogy waterfalls and streams while trekking. Hence this is one of the ‘must do’ treks during the monsoon season.
Batch 1: Saturday, 12th September 2020
Batch 2: Sunday, 20th September 2020
Batch 3: Saturday, 26th September 2020
(Rs.799 without transport / Rs 1499 with transport)
Day 1 : Sunday
05:50 am: Meet the Trikon Team at Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
06:00 am: Start our Journey from Dadar
06:30 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka
07:00 am– Leave for GanpatiGadad
07:30 am– Breakfast Enroute
09:30 am– Reach base village
10:00 am – Start ascending towards the Caves
12:00 pm– Reach the top
02:00 pm– Packed Lunch at Top
03:00 pm– Start descend
05:00 pm– Evening snacks and chai
08:00 pm –Reach Mumbai (Dadar)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (Optional)
- Medicines (As per personal requirement)
- Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito Repellant, Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone, etc. in polythene bags while packing
- Wear shoes with a good grip
- Use insect repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand, etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Important Information: Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
- Surrounded by historic forts like Dhakoba Fort, Nanheghetect.
- Beautiful small Waterfalls which form a white curtain over the caves.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusion