Indore Food Trail and Cycling
Indore, also known as the ‘Food Capital of India’ is a major developing hub of Madhya Pradesh. Recently recognized as the cleanest city of India under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, this city is a must visit for all food lovers. From Jalebi-Poha to Shikanji,from flavoured panipuris to amazing namkeens, there’s no shortage in varieties of good food. As we enjoy eating loads and loads of good food, some calorie burning adventure of cycling would add a different flavour to the trip!
Date : 18th - 19th Dec 2021
Day 1: Friday: Mumbai to Indore (Overnight Train Journey); 7:10 PM from Mumbai Central
Meet your Trikon Buddy at Mumbai Central Railway Station at 6:45 PM. Board Avantika Express, enjoy your train journey! The food hogging begins right away, as you enjoy the best food at the station stops as well!
Day 2: Saturday: Explore the city, fulfill your appetites!
On reaching Indore, check in to your hotel, freshen up. Let your hunger grow until we leave for breakfast. Poha-jalebis, kachoris and samosas, all known dishes but with unknowingly yummy taste.
Immerse yourself into history a little as we visit the Rajwada, until you are ready for your next feast – Lunch.
With the amount of food we expect you to eat, post lunch retreat back to the rooms, relax for a while and chill, playing games. Open up the namkeen packets you shopped, since we would be going out late for dinner.
Arguably, the best food street of India, SarafaRatri Market, a jewelry market in the day (That’s where the name comes from!), is as busy as Crawford Market of Mumbai! The only difference being, this market sells only FOOD! Huge crowds gather to celebrate food on each day, irrespective of it being weekdays or otherwise. Happy Hogging!
This would mark the end of our day!
Day 3: Sunday: Cycling; Some More Food ; Indore to Mumbai (Overnight Train Journey)
We begin our last day in Indore with some adventure. We roll out onto the streets early in the morning on cycles! We ride onto the highway, just outside the city towards Ralamandal Wildlife Santuary. Not abode many species of animals, but is a quiet and wonderful place for nature lovers. On completion of our ride, we eat some well deserved brunch, followed by a famous and filling lassi. As we pick our bags up, we head to the station to board the train.
Day 4: Monday: Arrival at Mumbai Central by 6:10 AM.
Time to get back home! The trip concludes with happy memories!
Things to Carry
- Valid Identity Proof, along with 1 Photocopy for each document
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack (Avoid Suitcases)
- Good pair of shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Fleece Jacket/ Sweater
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Anybody found consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in triple sharing rooms.
- Comfortable Non-AC Tempo Traveller on Day 2.
- Cycle Hire Cost on Day 3.
- Train Travel from Mumbai to Indore and vice versa.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals on all days
- Any expenses of personal in nature such as Liquor or Souvenirs
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Give a treat to your taste buds at the night Sarafa Market
- Experience insanely tasty local Street food.
- Burn off the calories gained during a short stretch of Cycling.
- Local sightseeing in Indore.