Kohoj Fort Night Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Medium
Situated not too far from Mumbai, the Kohoj Fort sits in the backdrop of a heart-shaped lake forming a beautiful scenery. Its reflection in the water is not to be missed, as the trail takes you by the saltwater lake’s edge, around the fort and to the top. Two giant stone men, somewhat like Groot, will welcome you at the pinnacle of the fort. Get ready to meet them after a moderate climb!
Built during the Bhoj period, Kohoj fort now stands mostly as a historical ruin. It was one of the 23 forts surrendered by Shivaji under the Purandar Treaty that he signed with the Mughals in 1665. The Vaitarna river flows by at a distance, while rest of the area is covered under nature’s green carpet during monsoons. Two huge stone structures, that roughly look like human figures, can be seen at the top, as if still guarding the fort. Kohoj Fort is visible from the Mumbai-Ahemdabad highway.
Day 1 : 13th April 2019 Saturday
10:30 pm: Meet the Trikon Team at Dadar and Leave Mumbai by private bus
Day 2 : 14th April 2019 Sunday
02:00 am: Reach base village Waghote
03:00 am: Take rest and start trek
06:30 am: Reach top to Kohoj Fort
Take rest and wait for Sunrise. Explore the fort. Take photos. Have breakfast at top.
09:30 am : Start descend
12:00 am : Back to base village
01:00 pm : Have lunch
02:15 pm : Start return journey for Mumbai
06:00 pm : Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Morning Breakfast and Afternoon Lunch
- Traveling by Private Non AC Bus
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses.
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Explore the fort area
- Enjoy view of Heart-shaped saltwater lake
- Panoramic view of Vaitarna River
- Trek till the stone-men pinnacle
- Temples ruins