Kondane Cave Waterfall Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Explore the remnants of the Buddhist Era at Kondane Caves Karjat. During monsoons Kondane caves form spectacular and high rise waterfalls for utmost thrill and fun. This ancient caves and formations speak volumes about the Buddhist architecture. These caves enclose sculptures, vihara, chaitya and stupa. This cave group has 16 Buddhist caves. The caves were excavated in first century B.C.
Kondane caves located at Rajmachi is also a known destination to trekkers and monsoon explorers. Thanks to its easy ascend; it can be easily reached from the base. It is the base village for Rajmachi the famous Karjat- Lonavala trek.
Batch 1 : Saturday , 18th August 2018
Batch 2 : Sunday , 09th Sept 2018
08:15 am : Meet the Trikon Team at Karjat Station
08:30 am : Leave for the base village
09:30 am : Reach base village and have breakfast
10:00 am : Introduction & Instructions
10:30 am : Start trekking
11:30 am : Reach the waterfalls and enjoy
01:00 pm : Start descending
02:00 pm : Reach the villlage
02:30 pm : Have lunch
04:30 pm : Start return journey
05:00 pm : Reach the Karjat station
07:00 pm : Reach the Mumbai tentatively
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Experience the thrill of a monsoon Trek
- Spend fun time at the waterfalls base
- Explore the Buddists Ancient Caves
- Explore and learn its significance in history
- Cross misty and thrill-filled trails
What is included in the tour
- Karjat to Karjat Travel by Local Transport
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch & Evening Tea
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mumbai to Karjat & Return Train Tickets
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion