Lohagad Fort Monsoon Trek From Mumbai
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
When it comes to visiting forts in Maharashtra, monsoon is the best time to explore them owing to the lush green surroundings and the pleasant climate. One fort trek which you can consider taking this monsoon is the Lohgad trek. The fort has derived its name from the word “Loh” which means iron in Marathi. Located near Lonavala – Khandala, the fort is a protected monument and comes under the surveillance of the Archaeology Survey of India.
One of the best monsoon treks in Mumbai, the Lohgad fort should be in the bucket list of hikers in Mumbai and Pune. The fort is fairly easy to climb. While ascending the fort, you will come across 4 majestic doors – the Ganesh Darwaza, Narayan Darwaza, Hanuman Darwaza and the Maha Darwaza. Out of these doors, the Hanuman Darwaza is the most ancient of all.
The fort also houses an old Dargah and to the right, you will find “Laxmi Kothi”, which has many rooms, where the treasury of Nana Phadnavis was kept. There are two canons outside the kothi. Another major attraction of this fort which lies in the Sahyadri range is the “Vinchu Kata”, which is 1500 meter long and 30 meters wide. Vinchu kata is bit separated from the main part and when viewed from the fort, this part resembles a scorpion’s sting, hence the name Vinchu Kata. This portion was used to keep watch on nearby areas.
Lohagad or the Iron Fort is a typical choice if it’s your first trek considering the easy grade. However, it doesn’t disappoint experienced climbers either, thanks to the inviting weather and the lush green scenery during monsoons. Loaded with a rich historical significance, the Lohagad trek surely deserves a place in your bucket list this monsoon season!
Lohagad is one of the many hill forts of Maharashtra state in India. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala and 52 km (32 mi) northwest of Pune. Lohagad overlooks the Pawna reservoir, located to the south of the mountain.
Checkout our blog on Monsoon Trekking Essentials @ https://www.ttrikon.com/blog/monsoon-trekking-essentials/
05:50 am: Meet Trikon at Kotak Mahindra Atm near Pritam Hotel Dadar (E), Mumbai
06:00 am: Leave for Base Village
06:20 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
07:00 am: Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge
07:20 am: Pickup Point : Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
10:00 am : Reach base village and enjoy breakfast
10:30 am : Introduction round
10:45 am : Start the trek to Lohagad Fort
12:45 pm : Reach the top, explore Lohagad fort
01:30 pm : Start descending to base village
03:00 pm : Reach base village and Enjoy Lunch
05:00 pm : Leave for Mumbai
09:00 pm : Reach Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Dadar, Mumbai to Lohagad and Lohagad to Dadar, Mumbai
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Exploring the Lohagad fort
- Vinchu Kata or the Scorpion’s tail-like fortification structure
- Ancient Malawli and Bhaje caves near Lohagad fort
- Durgah located near the Maha-darwaja
- Laxmi Kothi
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (Optional)
- Medicines (As per personal requirement)
- Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito Repellant, Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.