Grade: Moderate ( 75 KM Trek )
The heavy rain showers are definitely not a good experience in the bustling city. The rains call out for a getaway and for true adventure lovers, the Lonavla-Bhimashankar range needs a visit. Cover a distance of about 75 kms through dense forests and get lost in the beauty of nature. You can experience every feature of the perfect weather conditions in the close vicinity of nature. There’s no noise but music of crickets, the winds gushing, water streams flowing and of course the rain drizzle.
Trikon, is taking you for a trek through this ancient trade route from the Sahyadris. It will test your endurance levels but offer you a plethora into the wilderness of nature.
Batch 1 : 14th & 15th September 2019
Batch 2 : 28th & 29th September 2019
Day 1: Saturday
01: 15 am : Meet Trikon Team at Lonavala Station, Platform no. 1 (Near ticket window)
Travel Suggestion to reach Lonavala
You can take Mahalaxmi Exp/Siddheshwar Express from Mumbai.
Pune participants can come by train/bus anytime
01: 30 am: Start the trek from Lonavala
03:30 am : Reach Valvand Village, Rest for sometime
06:00 am: Breakfast at Valvand Village
07:00 am: Start Trek toward Kusur Plateau
01:00 pm: Lunch at Kusur Plateau
02:00 pm : Descend toward Kusur Village
03:00 pm : Reach Kusur Village and Take Local Transport to reach Talpewadi
04:00 pm : Reach Talpewadi and Start Trek toward Padaryachi Wadi
07:00 pm: Reach Padaryachi Wadi
Dinner and stay at Local Villager House
Please Note : Washroom Facilities is not available at Base Village!
Day 2: Sunday
05:00 am: Wake up call
06:30 am: Breakfast
07:00 am: Start trekking
12:00 pm: Reach Bhimashankar Temple & If time permits we can visit Temple also.
12:30 pm: Lunch break
Trek will be officially over at Bhimashankar. From here you can opt for Bus to Pune / Mumbai or you can trek down to Khandas (Karjat Side).
01:30 pm: Start descend via Shidi OR Ganesh Ghat Route till Khandas
04:30 pm : Reach Khandas
06:00 pm: Reach Karjat
09:00 pm : Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Water Bottles (Approximately 3 liters)
- Lunch for Saturday
- Plates , Spoon , Glass.
- A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Daysack
- Good pair of trekking shoes
- Extra pair of socks
- Slippers (optional- at the end of day)
- Light blanket or sleeping bag
- A good wind cheater
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a 75 KM Trek, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Bhimashankar Temple Visit
- Gupt Bhimashankar Trek
- 75 KM Trek in 2 days
What is included in the tour
- Food: Day 1: Breakfast & Dinner ; Day 2: Breakfast & Lunch
- Local Transport
- Homestay/Dormitory at Padhryachi wadi
- 5% GST
- Trikon expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train travelling charges
- Saturday Lunch
- Camera charges
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions