Manali - Ladakh - Srinagar Adventure Tour
Whenever you think of taking that one epic road-trip in your lifetime, we are sure it is the most wonderful Manali to Leh Road trip, isn’t it? Riding across the zig-zag lanes of the beast-like mountains will leave you spellbound forever. The cascading rivers, the silvery skies and snow capped mountains will take your breath away. Once you sync yourself with the highest motor able passes, we assure you get that freedom call from your inner self. This season is ready to explore the mountains of Leh-Ladakh with T Trikon. With an experience of conducting an average 5 batches each year, we have catered to more than 100 participants for out offbeat tours. While you marvel at the beautiful sand dunes, bluish Pangong Tso and High Mountain Alps, we carefully make the necessary arrangement with warm and hospitable locals to make you feel just like home.
T Trikon brings you the adventure of a lifetime at Leh, Ladakh. Our carefully planned itinerary offers you the best experience possible – the joyous adventure of a road trip, the thrill of white water river-rafting in the Zanskar and the serenity of staying in a houseboat in Kashmir! The epic Manali to Leh Road trip circuit is probably the best way to explore Manali, Kashmir and LEH-LADAKH! We promise the trip will be a treat to all your senses, making it an experience you’ll cherish forever! So what are you waiting for?? Come; get enchanted by the mystic beauty that is Leh!
Day 1: Arrival at Delhi
Meet Trikon Team near Majnu ka Tila at 5 pm, Catch a Volvo Bus to Manali. Overnight Journey in Bus .
Day 2: Reach Manali : Warm Welcome
On your arrival at Manali, Trikon Buddy meets you at the bus top and takes you to the hotel. Today is a chill-relax day for you. Unwind yourself in the hills of Manali and leave away the jet lag. Simply roam around the cafes of Manali and mall road to shop winter stuff before starting the trip. If you arrive early, you can explore Naggar Castle and Hidimba temple of Manali. Exactly where Kareena danced on the tunes of Yeh Ishq hai and where YJHD was shot with Deepika and Ranbir Kapoor. Don’t exert yourself today and simply relax. Have dinner with the entire group and introduce each other to bond well. Sleep tight as the most happening days of your life is about to start.
Day 3: Manali to Sarchu via Keylong and Jispa: Exploring Lahual Valley
Wake up and say Good Bye to Manali as you will start your grand Himalayan road trip. Have your breakfast and pack your bags to leave. We cross the beautiful Rohtang Pass today as it’s the gateway to Leh. Keep reading the quirly quotes by (BORDER Roads Organisation) BRO. Leave for Leh via Jispa, today you get to see the changing terrains of Manali’s green hinterland to Lahaul valley’s deserted valleys. We cross beautiful rivers and do a road trip of around 6 hours to reach our campsite/home stay at Sarchu. Relax, have dinner and enjoy the bonfire night.
Day 4: Sarchu to Leh via Barlacha-La pass
Finally, the day has arrived when you leave for Leh- the land of highest passes. Today the panoramic view which, starts at Jispa stays with one till Leh. Once you take a break at Sarchu to sync the view, the climatic change to your body starts happening. This is normal; all you need to do is stay hydrated and relax. We then cross the next two high passes awaits Namkila and Lachalang - La pass. Once you arrive at Leh check in to your rooms and relax. You are free to explore the Leh-Market. Dinner at hotel.
Day 5: Full Day Leh Sightseeing/Acclimatization Overnight stay at Leh
Wake up at Leh! Have breakfast and start local sightseeing. We visit Thiksey Monastery, Stok Palace Leh Palace & Hall of Fame – War Martyrs. Thikshey Monastery is the largest Monastery in central Ladakh and it is located on central hill of Leh. Stok Palace Museaum is a beautiful destination to see and witness the local Ladakhi culture. We also visit Leh Palace to capture the panaromic view of the Leh city. In the second half of the day, visit Shey Palace and Thiksey Monastery, one of the largest and most impressive Gompas. Also, if time permits, visit Stok Palace and Museum. Stok offers amazing views of the Stok Range, including the highest peak there, Stok Kangri(20,187 feet), a well-known peak for budding mountaineers. Drive back to Leh, and end with an overnight stay at the hotel. Hall of Fame is a museum constructed by the Indian Army in memory of the brave Indian soldiers who laid down their lives defending the motherland in the regions of Siachen. Have lunch onroute and come back to Leh to witness the sunset at Shanti Stupa. Explore the local Leh market and sleep tight. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 6: River Rafting; Local Sightseeing/Overnight stay in Leh
It’s time to experience the thrill in the chilly waters of Zanskar as we raft through 14 km of rapids, enjoying some grand views of the colorful Zanskar valley. Visit the Hall of Fame Museum, Magnetic Hill, and Gurudwara PatharSaheb. Those wishing to ride bikes, this is the day. The road is super smooth, ‘Makhan’ would be an apt slang for it, and moreover, with views a biker would die for, riding along the banks of the mighty Indus River.
Day 7: Leh – Nubra Valley via Khardungla 125 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay in Nubra
We make our way across the Khardung La Pass, situated at 18,380ft, the world’s highest motorable road, to enter the mystic Nubra Valley. Sandwiched between the Karakoram Range to the north and Ladakh range to the south, lie the Shyok and Nubra Rivers. The villages of Nubra are scattered along these two valley-floors. Given the relatively low altitude, a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and grains are grown in this area. Visit the white sand dunes at Hunder, a rare cold desert at this altitude. Ride the unique double-humped Bactrian camels here, the only place in the entire world where they can be found! The day ends with an overnight tent stay under the magnificent night sky full of stars!
Day 8: Nubra Valley – Pangong Tso (8 Hours 280 Kms) Overnight stay at Pangong Lake View Camps
After an early breakfast, we leave for Pangong and explore the Diskit Monastery, which is 550 years old and the largest monastery in the Nubra Valley. The most fascinating highlight of any Leh trip, today we pay a visit to Pangong Lake, which is the largest brackish water lake in Asia. Two-thirds of the lake lies in China. To get there, we travel via Chang La, the third highest motorable road in the world, at 17,586 feet. Enjoy the evening by the lakeside revelling in the glorious colours of nature, a class apart from any other such sight. If you happen to be here around New Moon, enjoy the splendid view of a star-studded Milky Way galaxy at night. Sleep tight!
Day 9: Pangong Tso to Leh (50 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay at Leh)
Morning’s here! We wake up to an enchanting sunrise over Pangong Tso, and later head back towards Leh. On our way, we halt by the famed school from the blockbuster Hindi movie ‘3 Idiots’ and visit the Hemis Monastery. On reaching Leh, rest and retire for the day. We can visit Shey palace too if time permits.
Day 10: Leh to Kargil (240 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay in Kargil)
Drive to Chilling, along the River Zanskar, where we begin our 28 km river rafting adventure! This route has rapids of up to 3+ Grade. Enjoy the majestic views of the mountains around, along with the thrill of navigating past the rapids in the chilling waters of the Zanskar! Today we also explore PathirSahib Gurudwara and Magnetic Hill on route. We also explore Lamayuru Monastery and Moonland before reaching Kargil Get some rest!
Day 11: Kargil to Srinagar via Drass – 200 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay at Srinagar (House Boat – Dal Lake)
Leave early in the morning, stopping for tea at Drass, the second coldest place in the world. We explore Kargil War Memorial and pay tribute to the soldiers. See the Tiger hill and Tololing point from here, where our brave soldiers defeated Pakistani troops. As we cross over the amazing Zoji La – One of the most deadliest roads of India, we enter the heavenly valley of Sonmarg. The spectacular views of the valley will definitely leave you spellbound! Have lunch break at the beautiful valley of Sonmarg. Continue the drive to Srinagar. Reach houseboat in the evening. Go for a shikara ride and shop at the floating market.
Day 12: Departure
Time to fly back home from Srinagar! Trip concludes with happy memories!
Travel Suggestions for Arrival
- By Train: You can reach Delhi by Train, Catch Rajdhani or August Kranti a day before.
- By Air: Reach Delhi via flight and (Most recommended, we can book your flights and bus on prior request)
Travel Suggestion for Departure
- By Train: Take a train from Jammu
- By Air: Board flights from Srinagar (Most recommended, we can book your flights on prior request)
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
What is included in the tour
- Triple sharing stays at all hotels and camps (Double sharing can be done at additional costs)
- Breakfast and Dinner at all places (As per mentioned under detailed Itinenary )
- Delhi to Srinagar Transportation
- Sightseeing comfortable force traveler
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entry fees at Monastery (Which is Nominal)
- Lunch (Which would mostly be on route)
- Miscellaneous expenses and personal expenses
- Water bottles and soft drinks
- Activities: Camel Safari, Shikara Ride to and fro houseboat & Zanskar River Rafting
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Visit the famous bluish Pangong Lake!
- Take the epic Manali-LEH Road trip
- Stay at beautiful camp sites
- Visit the Kargil War Memorial – Witness the Tiger Hill
- Venture out at the Magnetic Hill
- Venture into the majestic Nubra Valley via Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world!
- Visit the cold desert of Hunder and enjoy the one-of-a-kind Camel Safari!
- A visit to the ancient Diskit, Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries
- Wander around Leh, Stok and Shey palace of Leh
- Get set and experience the thrill of White Water River-Rafting in the Zanskar River!
- Road trip through Kargil, time to lose yourself in the heavenly Sonmarg Valley and Zoji La!
- Visit Drass, the second coldest place in the world!
- Float away to La La Land, staying in a luxurious houseboat in the Dal Lake, Srinagar!
- Shop at the floating market and do a Shikara Ride