Garbett Plateau Monsoon Trek
Bountiful rains and greenery all around, Garbett Plateau is one of the most beautiful trek in Matheran. It offers a 360 degree panoramic view of the entire Matheran range. Long back in 1850, Hugh Poyntz Malet had discovered his point for leisure and relaxation. If you’re lucky, you might get to witness reverse waterfalls too. Windy and breezy, this point is indeed a beautiful destination to hike this monsoon.
About the place
Situated on the south-west of Matheran, Garbett Point offers a breathtaking view of the range and the lake below. The plateau can be spotted from the train itself!
06:00 am: Catch the train from CST to Karjat (6:10 am)
08.00 am – Meet T Trikon Buddies at Bhivpuri Station and have a round of Introduction
08.30 am – Enjoy lip-smacking breakfast
09.30 am – Post briefing, start the trek
12.30 pm – Reach the Grand Garbett Plateau
01.30 pm - Have lunch and spend blissful time
02.30 pm – March towards the Garbett Point
04.00 pm – Reach Dasturi Naka
05.00 pm – Reach Neral Station for Boarding train to Mumbai CST
Train Details :
06:10 am: CSMT
06:18 am: Byculla
06:24 am: Dadar
06:31 am: Kurla
06:35 am: Ghatkopar
06:49 am: Thane
07:15 am: Kalyan
07:27 am: Ambernath
07:34 am: Badlapur
08:08 am: Karjat
Things to Carry
2 ltrs water
Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
Snacks & biscuits
Extra pair of clothes
Clean napkin or towel
Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
Please carry personal medicines if any
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Matheran to Neral
- Food: Breakfast and Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Explore the vast plateau
- Chance to capture panoramic views from top
- Feel blissful amidst the waterfalls and lush green surrounding