About Malshej Ghat and Junnar
Malshej Ghat is a mountain pass on the Kalyan - Ahmed Nagar Road in Maharashtra's Thane district. It is one of the most attractive destinations to visit in Maharashtra, and one of the most popular hill stations near Pune, nestled in the towering craggy hills of the Western Ghats.
Malshej Ghat, located at an altitude of around 700 metres, is a wonderful refuge from the hustle and bustle of daily life and a haven of natural beauty. Rugged mountains, hiking paths, spectacular waterfalls, and countless lakes characterize the area. This breathtaking mountain pass is a popular weekend retreat from Mumbai and Pune, attracting a large number of visitors, particularly during the monsoon season, when the surroundings are awash in lush foliage and mesmerizing waterfalls
It is a perfect place for anyone looking for quality time to spend with family, friends, or a particular someone, thanks to its restorative temperature and undisturbed solitude. In this tour we will drive past the ghat where we will see effervescent waterfalls, thriving wildlife and plants, and a panoramic landscape.
It's time to head to Junnar after soaking up the splendour of the ghat. Shivaji Maharaj, the founder of the Maratha Empire, was born here. The Maharashtra government designated Junnar as the first tourism taluka in the Pune district. Junnar is also home to India's largest and longest cave excavations. There are many mediaeval forts in this area, and it is home to two Ashtavinayak temples, Lenyadri and Ozar.
Shivneri Fort: Shivneri fort is birthplace of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Maha Darwaza, Parvangicha Darwaza, Hatti Darwaza, Peer Darwaza, Shivai Darwaza, Phatak Darwaza, and Kulambkat Darwaza are the seven entrances to the fort. Shivneri was well fortified by strong walls and sheer rock cliffs on three sides. Within the fort, there is a Shivai Temple, as well as a large statue of Shivaji in front of the main entrance. You can explore Dongarmatha, Kadeloot Tok, Kaman Take, Ambarkhana, and Kadelot Point, among other places.
Lenyadri Caves: The word "Lenyadri" can simply be translated as "mountain cave." This word is made up of the words "Lena" (Marathi for "cave") and "adri" (Sanskrit for "stone" or "resistance"). Sulaiman Pahar and Ganesh Pahar are two names for the hill. This group contains roughly 40 caves, with the main group of 30 caves arranged in a line from east to west, all facing south and overlooking the Kukdi River Valley.
These Maharashtra caves are a very old series of Indian rock-cut caverns. Caves 6 and 14 are chaityagrihas, whereas the others are viharas. Despite the fact that the caves are all Buddhist, cave 7 is a Hindu temple devoted to Lord Ganesha, also known as Girijatmaj. It is one of the Ashtavinayak temples, a group of Maharashtra's eight most important Ganesh sanctuaries. The noteworthy aspect is that, although being a Buddhist sanctuary, there was a great deal of harmony with other religions. The architecture of the Lenyadri Caves is quite magnificent and a fine example of craftsmanship. To get to the caves, visitors must climb roughly 300 steep steps.
06:00 AM: Meet TTrikon Team @Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
06:15 AM: Leave for Malshej-Junnar. Pickup on the way
07:00 AM: Pickup from Thane
08:30 AM: Enroute Breakfast
10:00 AM: Enjoy the breathtaking views of Malshej Ghat and proceed towards Junnar.
12:00 PM: Reach Junnar. Visit Shivneri Fort. Post Fort visit have lunch en route at a local restaurant.
03:00 PM: Visit Lenyadri Caves.
06:00 PM: Start your return journey toward home
10:00 PM: Reach Dadar
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Dadar
- Food: Breakfast and Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks, etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Shivneri Fort
- Lenyadri Caves
- Malshej Ghat