Tringalwadi Fort located in the Igatpuri Taluka of Nashik District is one of the easiest forts to trek in Sahyadris. It is believed that the fort offered a strategic point to the Maratha army to do surveillance of the trade route from Konkan to Nashik. However, Shahaji Raje had to concede the fort to Mughals after the battle of Mahuli.
Though the fort is in ruins now, one can envisage the grandeur of the fort from its steps and the entrance gate, which are carved from a single rock. It is estimated that the fort was built in 10th century and the first Jain Tirthankar Adinathji mediated in the cave situated at the base of the fort.
Tringalwadi offers a splendid view of the surroundings – especially the panoramic view of Trinagalwadi Lake and the Pandav Leni (It is said that the Pandavas lived in the caves during exile, hence the name Pandav Leni) are a sight to behold. There’s a Bhavani Mata Temple, and a rock cut water cistern on the fort.
So what are you waiting for? Set out on a trek to this forgotten fort and gain an insight into an unheard, untold yet significant part of the history.
Date : 3rd July 2021
05:30 am: Meet the Trikon Team at Bisleri Junction, Andheri (E)
05:45 am: Depart for Tringalwadi, Pickups on the way
06:15 am: Pick up from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
07:15 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
10:00 am: Reach base village and have breakfast
11:00 am: Start The Trek
12:00 am: Reach the top and explore the fort, have lunch
02:00 pm: Start descend
03:30 pm: Reach base village and freshen up
04:30 pm: Start return journey
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai (Depends upon the Traffic)
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
- transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Andheri - Andheri
- Breakfast and evening tea/coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Carved idol of Hanuman
- Water cistern near the temple
- Explore old and ruined PandavLeni caves
- Picturesque path and stunning backdrop
- Explored devastated castles