Ever dreamt of visiting the India-Pakistan border but travelling to the northern states seems a bit far stretched? Your search for border tourism stops here as we at Trikon bring to you a weekend trip to the closest India-Pakistan border from Mumbai which is Nada Bet.
Nada Bet is a small village in the Banas Kantha district of Gujarat. The word "Bet" means island in the local language. This is a small piece of land jutting out the low-lying adjoining areas which is covered in water most of the times. The zero point or the India-Pakistan border is just 25 kms from this village. At "Seema Darshan - Nada Bet" literally meaning Border visit, visitors get a chance to get up close with the fencing of the border. Pakistan is merely 150m from this point and can be seen clearly. Also at Seema Darshan is a display of the culture of the BSF and an exhibition of the arms like guns, tanks and other sophisticated devices. Some of the activities and sights that will interest the traveller include the retreat ceremony against the backdrop of a glorious orange sunset where the Border Security Force (BSF) jawans put up a gallant show of marching with pride to end another day of guarding the borders.
A stepwell is called as a "Vav" in local Gujarati language. “Rani ki Vav” is a stepwell located on the banks of Saraswati River in the Patan district of the state of Gujarat. Constructed in the 11th century it is of the oldest stepwells in Gujarat Once covered with silt, it was rediscovered in the year 1940 and restored to its original form by the Archaeological Survey of India. It is listed under UNESCO’s world heritage site. Rani ki vav is considered as the finest and one of the largest examples of stepwell architecture in Gujarat.
The Sun temple of Modhera as the name suggest is dedicated to the Sun God and is located near the city of Mehsana in Gujarat. This temple is built near the Tropic of cancer. The remains of the Sun Temples at Modhera are relics of times gone by. The exclusively carved temple complex and the magnificently sculpted Ramakund are jewels in the art of masonry of the Solanki period apparently which was also known as the Golden Age of Gujarat.
Ex Mehsana: Rs 6999/-
3 Tier AC train ticket available on request at Rs 1000/- extra, over and above trip cost
Day 1: Friday - Meet Trikon Team at Bandra Station at 23:00 hrs
Leave for Ahmedabad in Bhuj Express (Train Number 11111).
Sleep tight as we have a long schedule ahead of us on the next day.
Day 2: Saturday - Nada Bet Seema Darshan
Reach Mehsana early in in the morning. Leave for Nada Bet immediately as we cover a journey of almost 3 hours Criss crossing the districts of Mehsana, Patan and Banas Kantha in the beautiful landscape of Gujarat. Breakfast on the way. Once we are done with the breakfast, continue journey towards Nada Bet. Upon reaching Nada Bet freshen up at a facility booked by us.
After freshening up, visit the Nadeshwari temple nearby and take blessings from the local divine guardian force. After that we enter the Seema Darshan Tourism Complex and and spend ample time visiting the museum, art galleries and various structures on display. You can even try some adventure activities at the amusement park situated there. Grab some lunch at the multiple cafes available at Seema Darshan.
In evening at 16:00 hrs we head towards the zero point that is the Indo-Pak border which is almost 25 kms from the Seema Darshan Complex. You start feeling patriotic as we reach the border. Click numerous selfies and make many reels over here. Once done, we head back for the Seema Darshan Complex where we witness the evening retreat ceremony and parade of the BSF.
We leave for Patan (3 hours) as soon as the ceremony is over wherein, we check in the hotel and take a good night’s sleep as we await the next day in Gujarat. Dinner on the way
Day 3: Sunday – Rani ki Vav & Sun Temple, Modhera
Today’s day has comparatively less travelling. We wake up, take breakfast, check out from the hotel and head towards our first destination of the day that is “Rani ki Vav”. The brilliant architecture added with the early morning light is the best recipe for amazing Instagram photos. At Rani ki Vav, we learn about the importance of stepwells in olden times from our local guide.
Next after having local traditional lunch at the fanous “Bansi Kathiyawadi” restaurant we head towards Modhera. At Modhera, we visit the Sun temple which is only next importance to the Sun temple at Konark. Adjoining the temple is the Rama Kund which is again a kind of stepwell. There is also a museum in the premises for enthusiasts.
In between Rani ki Vav and Sun temple Modhera, if time permits, we shall also visit the dinosaur park at Patan. After vising the Sun temple, we head back towards Mehsana station to catch our train back to Mumbai. Grab some dinner on the way.
Day 4: Monday
Reach Mumbai (Dadar Station) by 07:15 hrs as the trip concludes with happy memories
Things To Carry
- ID card hard copy (Aadhar or driving license)
- Water bottle
- A lightweight luggage and a small day pack to carry water and snacks
- Good pair of footwear
- Cap, sunglasses and scarf
- Camera & Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste and hand sanitizer
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & biscuits to munch on
- ORS or Glucon D
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Mehsana & return by non AC sleeper class train
- Private internal transport (air conditioned)
- Air conditioned accommodation at a hotel on triple sharing basis
- Veg meals as mentioned (Day 1 breakfast, evening tea & dinner) (Day 2 breakfast, lunch & evening tea)
- Entry charges for Seema Darshan at Nada Bet
- Entry charges at Rani ki Vav & Sun Modhera temple
- Guided tour at Rani ki Vav
- Parking, permit and toll charges
- Trikon expertise charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Day 1 Lunch & any meals other than mentioned
- Bottled water, Soft drinks, etc
- Camera charges at all sightseeing places
- Adventure activity charges at Seema Darshan
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Visit the Indo-Pak border zero point at Nada Bet
- The drive through the lake on both sides
- BSF Closing Retreat Ceremony at Seema Darshan Nada Bet
- Exhibition at Seema Darshan Nada Bet
- Adventure activities at Seema Darshan Nada Bet (Own Cost)
- Nadeshwari Mata Mandir
- Centuries old "Rani ki Vav"
- Instagram location of Sun temple, Modhera
- Local cuisine