Unleashing Nature’s Paradise – Monpa Mountains
A revealing journey through one of the planet’s last thriving natural paradise, this trip provides a simple insight into distant lifestyles and cultures of the people. Drive through the dainty pretty towns and wave at the amazing people on your way through the beautiful natural landscapes. Let the gentle, friendly, courteous, industrious, good to nature and amazing people of Monpa, influence you and provide you an insight of the compassionate Lord Buddha. Take a dip in natural hot springs or experience the adrenaline rush as you walk on the suspension bridge above the ferocious Tawang River, the activities offered by nature on your trip to Monpa is way higher than one’s imagination. Free yourself and keep your worries at bay, as you are about to experience nature’s heaven, within the folds of Himalayas.
If you live in Bangalore, Pune or Mumbai, Just Book your Flight ticket to reach
Guwahati before 10 am and Return Journey should be booked post 5 pm
You can contact us for your Flight Ticket Booking assistance.
Batch 1 : Sunday, 28th March - Sunday, 4th April 2021
Batch 2 : Sunday, 11th April - Sunday 18th April 2021
Batch 3 : Sunday, 9th May - Sunday, 16th May 2021
Ex Guwahati: 21,999/- ( Transport from Guwahati to Guwahati )
Ex Mumbai: 39,999/- (Mumbai to Mumbai by Air)
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 – Enter the Gateway to North East India
Meet Trikon Team at Guwahati Airport at 10:00 AM. Experience 6 hours of peaceful bliss as you will slip directly into nature’s lap at Bhalukpong. Let the calm blue waters of Jia Bhoroli River welcome you to the serene world of Bhalukpong. Quite interestingly, this river is known by different names in different parts of the state. It is known as Jia Bhoroli River in Assam, the name changes to Kameng River as soon as you enter Bhalukpong. Situated on the banks of this river, this small town will instantly make you feel at ease with its calmed and peaceful environment. Spend the evening at leisure and do visit the Orchid research center. Do not miss to do the River rafting in the water of Bhoroli river and get blown away with its amazing location and habitat. Overnight stay
Day 2 – Make Momos with a family in Sangti Valley
Begin your day with heavy breakfast and pack enough energy as you will be moving towards the ‘Land of migratory black-necked cranes’- Sangti Valley. Enter into the world of dense forests and graceful rivers flowing smoothly along the silhouettes of this terrain. Not known to many, this small heaven on Earth is surrounded with towering Eastern Himalayas, vast stretches of fruit orchards and an interestingly Tibetan culture. Let your woes melt away as you experience the grandeur of nature’s real beauty. Spend the rest of your day at your leisure and Sangti will not fail to impress you. Discover your paths into this beautiful valley, or read a book by the banks of the river, the splendor of nature will consume you in itself. Experience the culture of this valley by staying with the locals in their style. Learn how they have an upper hand in making the best Momos and Thukpa (a local vegetable broth). Go ahead and sip on some of the local brew known as Aarak or Mar Chang and spend the night listening to their adventures and stories. Overnight stay
Day 3 – Camp by the Kameng River
Bid goodbye to your hosts at the homestay as we leave early to head towards Dirang town. Let the blurry images of beautiful paddy lands and the never leaving-Kameng River, occupy your mind and soul. Visit the 150 years old Dirang Dzong and get impressed by the architect used in the 8th Century to design this fort. The locals here proudly claim that the Dzong is surrounded by houses which are over 500 years old and still hosts people. Visit the Thupsung Dhargye monastery, Kalachakra Gompa and learn more about the beautiful Buddhist culture of the people. Light a lamp or offer prayers at the prayer wheel, let the spirituality of the place touch your soul. Visit the Dirang market to buy some local artifacts and souvenirs for your loved ones. On the way back to Sangti Valley, head towards stony stairs that lead you straight to the Hot Water Springs. Plunge into the hot natural water and let the magical water do its wonders on the exhausted body. Set up your camp near the Kameng River in the Sangti Valley. When it comes to camping, you are sorted with Trikon. All the necessary equipments, expertise and other arrangements are assured by us. Enjoy the bonfire under the blanket of galaxy of stars. Overnight Stay in Tents
Day 4 – Drive up one of the highest motorable roads in the world
Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast we shall proceed towards the one of the highest motorable passes in the world – Sela pass. While Khardungla is known for its magnificent height in Leh, Sela Pass, situated at an elevation of 13,700 ft, is known for its enchanted beauty and sacredness. Nestled in close proximity to the Pass, lies the Sela Lake. Flanked by snow covered mountains by all the sides, clouds floating through the mountains tops and the misty environment, shall make you marvel at the God’s creation of this Paradise Lake. Enjoy a cup of tea and some hot maggi as you appreciate the magnificent beauty of the Sela lake. Visit the Jaswant Ghar – a war memorial built in the name of an Indian soldier – Jaswant Singh Rawat, who single-handedly fought the Chinese soldiers near the Sela Pass during the Sino-Indian War 1962. Learn more about the love story of Sela Pass and Jaswant Singh Rawat and how it affected the Sino-Indian war in 1962. Pay your dues at the war memorial and continue towards the town of Monpa in the Tawang district. Spend the evening at leisure. Overnight Stay
Day 5 –Visit the oldest nunnery and ancient monasteries
Adios to the hosts at the homestay as we head out towards the Khinmey Gonpa, a monastery which belongs to a different sect of Buddhism – Mahayana Buddhism. Get an insight on their culture and spiritual tales as you continue offering your prayers in the Prayer Hall. Visit the Brama Dung Chung Ani Gompa (nunnery), which is also the oldest Ani Gompa (Nunnery) in Tawang District of Arunachal Pradesh. This nunnery is located in the lap of a far off mountain surrounded by natural beauties. Do visit the light and sound show at the war memorial in Tawang in the memory of thousands of soldiers who willingly laid their lives for the nation during the Sino-Indian War 1962. Return back to Tawang and enjoy your night at the bonfire. Overnight stay
Day 6 – Feel Patriotism at the Indo-China Border and take a dip in Sangetsar Tso and other high altitude lakes
Start your day early as you go towards the Bum La pass which is a historic and extremely significant military post. Every year there are border meets conducted at Bum La Pass between India and China. The Commander at the post will run you through all the details and the importance of the Pass for the Indian army. Interestingly, it is also known as Dalai Lama Escape Route when he took refuge in India. Proceed towards the Sangetsar Tso and allow the misty weather to engulf your thoughts. Take a stroll along the lake and enjoy the munchies provided by the cafeterias dotted along the banks of the lake, with a view. Return back to Tawang and enjoy your night at the bonfire. Overnight Stay
Day 7 – Get Low, Down to Bomdila, Home to a magnificent monastery
Post scrumptious breakfast at the homestay, bid farewell to your hosts as we move back down towards Bomdila. As you move towards the Jang town in the Tawang district, you are about to experience the least known and the most spectacular Nuranang Falls. The locals also call it as Jang Waterfalls or Bong Bong Falls. Witness the white gushing water cutting through the dense verdant forests and flowing ferociously into the Tawang River. Do not forget to capture the astounding view of the surroundings created by the mere presence of these falls. After reaching the guest house, do visit the nearby Urgelling Monastery which is known among the locals as well the tourists as the birthplace of the Dalai Lama VI. Let the peace and tranquility of the place wash away all your fatigue from the trip. Sit for some time in the Meditation hall or interact with the monks there and get an insight on the history of the Monastery and the stories of Dalai Lama VI. Spend the evening at leisure and visit the market area for shopping. Overnight Stay
Day 8 – Drive back to Guwahati
On the last day at this thriving town of Bomdila, wake up early to observe the early morning activities of the monks. Visit the monastery and get to experience the chanting and the prayers offered and get a chance to be a part of this spiritual experience. Post breakfast, say goodbye to this small multi-cultural Himalayan town. Do check the Bhutan border on your way back to Guwahati. Fill in your heart with memories from this amazing North-eastern trip as you return back to your routine.
NOTE- Book your return flight post 5 PM.
Things to Carry
● A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
● Backpack or Haversack – If you are unloading your Haversack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
● Good comfortable shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required
● 1 Water Bottle (1 litre) – Fill your bottles at each destination to avoid the cost of packaged bottles
● Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
● Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
● Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
● Thermal Inners
● Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
● Windcheater or Poncho
● 2-3 pairs of trek pants
● 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
● Camera or Binoculars
● Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
● Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
● Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
● Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
● Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes or used wet wipes
● Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard
★ Avoid wearing precious Jewelry on event, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
★ Missing the flight means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
Fitness & Health – Though backpacking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trip, your Trikon buddy will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
Cancellation one month prior the starting date of the trek — Get your full trek fee back in a Trikon Event Voucher OR get a monetary refund with 20% cancellation charges.
Cancellation between one month and 20 days prior to the starting date of the trek — Get 80% of the trek fee in a Trikon Event Voucher OR get a monetary refund with 50% cancellation charges.
Cancellation less than 20 days prior to the starting date of the trek — No monetary refund, get 50% of your fees in a Trikon Event Voucher.
Flights cost included in packacges are non-refundable.
Train travel costs would be considered refundable after adjusting IRCTC cancellation charges.
Any specified non-refundable advances will also be considered non-refundable.
We almost never cancel our events. But in case we cancel a event because of natural calamities (snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes) or unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, government orders, unexpected global health issues, Trikon will issue a voucher for the full amount of your event fee. You can redeem the Event Voucher on any of our events over the next one year.
- Explore the untamed mountain ranges of North East
- Get into the feel of Tibetan Culture
- Visit one of the oldest and largest monasteries in India
- Drive through the popular Bomdila Pass
- Get a chance to explore Sela Pass of Arunachal
- Stay with super friendly locals
- See some high altitude lakes
- Click Pictures in orchards and river side
What is included in the tour
- Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic accommodations & homestays
- All parking, tolls and driver allowances
- Breakfast and Dinner during the trip
- Internal Travel made during the trip
- Traveling from Guwahati to Guwahati
- Inner Line Permits
- Trikon expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera charges
- Lunch on all days
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions