Harishchandragad Fort Trek From Mumbai
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
Harishchandragad trek never fails to amuse wanderers with its abundance of mythological and historical importance while the most picturesque are it's mountainous ranges.
Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region. The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty.
This cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. It provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. The cliff has an overhang, but has been climbed many times. Sometimes a circular rainbow (Brocken Spectre phenomenon) can be seen from this point. It can be seen only when there is a bit of mist in the valley, and the sun is right behind the person facing the valley.
Day 0: Saturday
07:00 pm: Meet the Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East), Mumbai
07:15 pm : Departure from Dadar, Mumbai
08:00 pm: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
Day 1: Sunday
01.00 am: Reach Base Village and freshen up for trek
01:30 am: Commencement of the trek through Pachnai Route after briefing and a short introduction
04.30 am: Reach the top and rest till morning
08.00 am: Start descending
10.00 am: Reach base village and have breakfast
11.00 am: Start return journey
03.00 pm: Reach Mumbai
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Important Information: Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
- Trek among clouds and easier Pachnai Route
- Scenic View from Kokankada is absolute divine
- Lake 'Saptatirtha' and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Dadar, Mumbai to Harishchandragad and Harishchandragad to Dadar, Mumbai
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Raincoat/ Poncho / Windcheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer