Kalsubai Trek From Mumbai
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
Kalsubai – the pride of Maharashtra, standing at 5400 feet is the highest peak in Maharashtra! Nestled in the Sahyadri mountain range and Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, Kalsubai offers an enjoyable trekking experience for the trekkers.
Also called the Maharashtra’s Everest, the Kalsubai monsoon trek offers astounding views of famous peaks such as Alang, Madan, Kulang, Ratangad and Ajoba. The trek starts through the extensive fields and farming land which then takes you through the ladder section after which you reach the summit where Kalsubai temple is located.
The Kalsubai monsoon trek is a moderate grade trek and it is recommended to start a fitness routine and pace it up to build your endurance level. You can start with a small brisk level walk of 5 km and gradually increase the pace and perform the routine 4 times a week. You may also start doing planks, squats and lunges for strength training. Consider performing some stretching exercises to promote relaxation in the tissues and enhance body flexibility.
The Kalsubai trek offers a surreal trekking experience. It will test your patience but the satisfaction and joy that you will experience after ascending and descending the summit will be one-of-a-kind! Now that you know all about this trek, how about joining us for this expedition this monsoon?
Why Kalsubai Peak should be your next trekking destination this monsoon?
Surrounded by lush green forests and fields, the trekking route towards Maharashtra’s Highest Peak i.e. Kalsubai Shikhar is a surreal experience for all the nature lovers and trek enthusiasts. Challenging yet fun-filled, trek towards the highest summit will test your patience and offer an amazing panaromic view of several more mountain ranges like Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar & Harishchandragad. Also, attempting to climb Kalsubai - the most wish-listed mountain in the Sahyadri offers a great sense of achievement for most of the trekking enthusiasts
Story behind Kalsubai – Unveiled
It is truly believed by the local villagers that a house maid residing in a nearby village had disappeared near the mountain while trying to escape her employer's harsh suffering. This gives the mountain its present name i.e. Kalsubai as well as a reason for this temple to be built in her memory.
More about the climbing patches and Summit (Kalsubai Shikhar)
Nestled among several slopes, Kalsubai trek is a mix of easy to ascend slopes as well as rocky patches overlooking the valley below. To reach Kalsubai peak, Govt. has built many iron ladders along the vertical hill slopes. Before the final lap, there comes a resting post where you can halt and enjoy having hot tea as well as crispy snacks. On Kalsubai peak, there exists a temple devoted to Kalsubai Mata where local villagers offer prayers and perform Pujas during festivals.
10:15 pm: Meet the Trikon Team at Bisleri Factory, Andheri (E)
10:30 pm: Depart for Kalsubai, pickups on the way
11:15 pm: Pick up from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
12:00 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
03.00 am: Reach Kalsubai Base Village and rest for sometime
05.00 am: Good morning, freshen up and have breakfast
05.30 am: Commencement of the Kalsubai trek after briefing and a short introduction
09:00 am: Reach Kalsubai Top; Explore the summit and witness some of the other peaks from top
10.00 am: Start descending
01.00 pm: Reach base village, freshen up and have lunch
03.30 pm: Start return journey
08.00 pm: Reach Mumbai (Depends upon the traffic)
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Checkout our blog on Monsoon Trekking Essentials @ https://www.ttrikon.com/blog/monsoon-trekking-essentials/
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Andheri to Kalsubai and Kalsubai to Andheri
- Food at Kalsubai: Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Expertise Charges for Kalsubai trek
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Climbing highest peak of Maharashtra - Kalsubai
- Unveil secret stories behind Kalsubai
- Top view - Most of the prominent mountain ranges from Kalsubai peak
- Surreal greenery and blissful environment while trekking to Kalsubai
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Extra pair of clothes
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer