Bhandardara Fireflies Special Camping
Get ready for an offbeat weekend experience at the Bhandardara Fireflies camping event. Starting from mid-May to June, Bhandardara and its lush green surroundings shimmer up after sunset! Would like to witness this grand spectacle? Then you must visit the Bhandardara Kajwa festival.
Bhandardara’s proximity to Mumbai and Nashik makes it an ideal weekend destination for travelers of all kinds. Whether you are a nature lover, looking for respite from the busy routine or just a college student getting ready for the new academic year with a renewed spirit, Bhandardara fireflies’ season will make you feel refreshed. The experience will be something that you will cherish forever.
Just before the monsoon arrives, the tiny bioluminescence beings sparkle and shine to emit a glow. It's nature’s own light show that amuses one and all. Fireflies typically shine at twilight to attract mates or prey. These fireflies bring magic to your summer night. Play with these little creatures while they keep amusing you all night long. Photographers be ready with your cameras, so as to capture the sight and save it forever. Add to this the fun of a camping-night in the folds of majestic Sahyadris.
Situated by the Pravara River, Bhandardara is blessed with peace and tranquility with a relaxing view. You can spot many famous landmarks including the Kalsubai peak and Ratangad, Harishchandragad forts. Deep and dark, the valley of shadows and adjacent Samrad Village at Bhandardara is a home to millions of fireflies.
Disclaimer: Sighting of fireflies is a natural phenomenon and is completely
based on the rains, so if it rains heavily we may see less or no fireflies.
Ex Bhandardara Cost - Rs.1999/-
Ex Kasara Cost - Rs.2499/-
- Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
- Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
- Batch 3: 04th - 05th June 2022
Itinerary for Mumbai Participants
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch CST-Kasara Fast Local @ 10:20 am
10:16 am Mumbai CST
10:23 am Byculla
10:29 am Dadar
10:36 am Kurla
10:40 am Ghatkopar
10:53 am Mulund
10:57 am Thane
11:13 am Dombivili
11:21 am Kalyan
12:34 pm Kasara
Day 1: Saturday
12:30 pm Meet the Trikon Team at Kasara Station
01:00 pm Proceed towards Base Village
01:30 pm Lunch en route
05:30 pm Reach Base Village
06:30 pm Have evening snacks
07:30 pm Have fun at the campsite
08:30 pm Stroll around the villages to witness the twinkling fireflies
09:30 pm Dinner & Games
10:30 pm Rest for the day
Day 2: Sunday
06.00 am Wake up call
06.15 am Visit Bhandardara lake (15-20mins walk)
08.00 am Return to the campsite and freshen up
08.30 am breakfast
9.30 am start the return journey to Kasara station
12:00pm Reach Kasara Station
12.19 pm Board CST Train
02.38 pm Reach CST
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport from Kasara to Kasara
- Food: Evening Snacks and Dinner, Sunday breakfast at Bhandardara fireflies campsite
- Triple Sharing Tented / Dormitory Home Stay Accommodation at Village ( In case of Rain ) at Bhandardara fireflies campsite
- Trikon Guide Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Saturday & Sunday Lunch
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Train Travelling from Mumbai to Kasara & Return
- Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of Bhandardara fireflies festival event
- Experience rustic village stay--camping or homestay in case of rain at Bhandardara fireflies campsite
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Bhandardara will keep you hooked!
- Stay amidst the view of Alang, Madan, Kulang, Kalsubai, Ratangad and Ajoba forts at Bhandardara
- Try your hand at night-time photography
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells (compulsory)
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- How do fireflies glow?
Fireflies contain Luciferin, an organic compound in their abdomens. When the oxygen in the air reaches the abdomen and reacts with the luciferrin, a chemical reaction occurs resulting in the glow. Fireflies can create the pulsating pattern by regulating the air flow in their abdomen.
- What is the best season to witness fireflies?
The best season to witness fireflies is pre-monsoon from mid-May to June.
- Can we reach the campsite using our transport for the Bhandardara Firefly Festival?
Yes, you can reach the campsite using our transport for the Bhandardara Firefly Festival.
- How to reach Bhandardara Fireflies Festival campsite from Mumbai?
You need to catch CST-Kasara fast local, get down at Kasara Station and proceed towards Samrad Village and then reach the Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Campsite.
- How far Bhandardara firefliy festival campsite from Mumbai?
The Bhandardara firefly festival campsite is located 210 km from Mumbai. It may take you 5 to 6 hours to reach the camp.
- Does the Bhandardara Firefly Campsite have toilet facility?
Yes, it has
- What are the Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Event 2022 dates? Kajwa Mahotsav 2022 dates Nashik?
• Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
• Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
• Batch 3: 04th - 05th June 2022
Contact TTrikon on 9819021806 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire more about the Bhandardara fireflies festival 2022. The Seats are already filling fast.
- When can I see fireflies in bhandardara?
Just before monsoon hits, you will be able to witness fireflies.
- Can kids join Bhandardara firefly event 2022?
Kids can join their parents for the Bhandardara firefly event 2022.
- Can i join Bhandardara firefly festival as a solo traveler?
Yes, you can join Bhandardara Firefly festival as a solo traveler.
People also searched for:
- Rajmachi fireflies special trek near Mumbai
- Purushwadi firefly special event in Maharashtra
- Prabalmachi firefly special camping near Mumbai
- Fireflies special event at Dehne in Maharashtra
- Firefly festival 2022 in Mumbai
Disclaimer: Fireflies is a Natural Phenomenon. We may or may not get to witness them. It totally depends on the weather conditions.
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, tented / local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.( Home Stay / Dormitory would be provided incase of rains.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
- Keep min 50 feet distance.
- Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
- Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
- Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
- Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Kasara
- Board the second Compartment from Kasara Side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.