Bhandardara Fireflies Special Camping
Get ready for an offbeat weekend experience at the Bhandardara Fireflies camping event. Starting from mid-May to June, Bhandardara and its lush green surroundings shimmer up after sunset! Would like to witness this grand spectacle? Then you must visit the Bhandardara Kajwa festival.
Bhandardara’s proximity to Mumbai and Nashik makes it an ideal weekend destination for travelers of all kinds. Whether you are a nature lover, looking for respite from the busy routine or just a college student getting ready for the new academic year with a renewed spirit, Bhandardara fireflies’ season will make you feel refreshed. The experience will be something that you will cherish forever.
Just before the monsoon arrives, the tiny bioluminescence beings sparkle and shine to emit a glow. It's nature’s own light show that amuses one and all. Fireflies typically shine at twilight to attract mates or prey. These fireflies bring magic to your summer night. Play with these little creatures while they keep amusing you all night long. Photographers be ready with your cameras, so as to capture the sight and save it forever. Add to this the fun of a camping-night in the folds of majestic Sahyadris.
Situated by the Pravara River, Bhandardara is blessed with peace and tranquility with a relaxing view. You can spot many famous landmarks including the Kalsubai peak and Ratangad, Harishchandragad forts. Deep and dark, the valley of shadows and adjacent Samrad Village at Bhandardara is a home to millions of fireflies.
Some interesting facts about Bhandardara:
- Bhandardara is a small village located in the Sahyadri mountain range in Maharashtra, India.
- It is a popular weekend getaway and tourist destination known for its scenic beauty and natural attractions.
- Bhandardara is located at an altitude of around 2,400 feet above sea level.
- The village is surrounded by lush green hills, waterfalls, and lakes, and is home to a variety of flora and fauna.
- Bhandardara is situated on the banks of the Pravara River and is known for its picturesque Arthur Lake.
- The lake is a popular spot for boating and fishing, and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and forests.
- Bhandardara is home to several trekking trails that lead to nearby peaks and forts, including Mount Kalsubai - the highest peak in Maharashtra.
- The village is also known for its historic Wilson Dam, which was built in 1910 to provide hydroelectric power to the region.
- Bhandardara is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy some peace and quiet in the midst of nature.
- The village is easily accessible by road from Mumbai, Pune, and Nashik, and has a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets.
Disclaimer: Sighting of fireflies is a natural phenomenon and is completely
based on the rains, so if it rains heavily we may see less or no fireflies.
Reaching Base Village with own transport Cost - Rs.1999/-
Kasara to Kasara Transport Cost - Rs.2499/-
Itinerary for Mumbai Participants
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch CST-Kasara Fast Local @ 10:20 am
10:16 am Mumbai CST
10:23 am Byculla
10:29 am Dadar
10:36 am Kurla
10:40 am Ghatkopar
10:53 am Mulund
10:57 am Thane
11:13 am Dombivili
11:21 am Kalyan
12:34 pm Kasara
Day 1: Saturday
12:30 pm Meet the Trikon Team at Kasara Station
01:00 pm Proceed towards Base Village
01:30 pm Lunch en route
05:30 pm Reach Base Village
06:30 pm Have evening snacks
07:30 pm Have fun at the campsite
08:30 pm Stroll around the villages to witness the twinkling fireflies
09:30 pm Dinner & Games
10:30 pm Rest for the day
Day 2: Sunday
06.00 am Wake up call
06.15 am Visit Bhandardara lake (15-20mins walk)
08.00 am Return to the campsite and freshen up
08.30 am breakfast
9.30 am start the return journey to Kasara station
12:00pm Reach Kasara Station
12.19 pm Board CST Train
02.38 pm Reach CST
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport from Kasara to Kasara
- Food: Evening Snacks and Dinner, Sunday breakfast at Bhandardara fireflies campsite
- Triple Sharing Tented / Dormitory Home Stay Accommodation at Village ( In case of Rain ) at Bhandardara fireflies campsite
- Trikon Guide Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Saturday & Sunday Lunch
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Train Travelling from Mumbai to Kasara & Return
- Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of Bhandardara fireflies festival event
- Experience rustic village stay--camping or homestay in case of rain at Bhandardara fireflies campsite
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Bhandardara will keep you hooked!
- Stay amidst the view of Alang, Madan, Kulang, Kalsubai, Ratangad and Ajoba forts at Bhandardara
- Try your hand at night-time photography
Q: How do fireflies glow?
A: Fireflies contain Luciferin, an organic compound in their abdomens. When the oxygen in the air reaches the abdomen and reacts with the luciferrin, a chemical reaction occurs resulting in the glow. Fireflies can create the pulsating pattern by regulating the air flow in their abdomen.
Q: What is the best season to witness fireflies? or When can I see fireflies in Bhandardara?
A: The best season to witness fireflies is pre-monsoon from mid-May to June.
Q: Can we reach the campsite using our transport for the Bhandardara Firefly Festival?
A: Yes, you can reach the campsite using our transport for the Bhandardara Firefly Festival.
Q: How to reach Bhandardara Fireflies Festival campsite from Mumbai?
A: You need to catch CST-Kasara fast local, get down at Kasara Station and proceed towards Samrad Village and then reach the Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Campsite.
Q: How far Bhandardara firefliy festival campsite from Mumbai?
A: The Bhandardara firefly festival campsite is located 210 km from Mumbai. It may take you 5 to 6 hours to reach the camp.
Q: Does the Bhandardara Firefly Campsite have toilet facility?
A: Yes, it has.
Q: What are the Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Event 2023 dates? Kajwa Mahotsav 2023 dates Nashik?A: These are the batches we are offering,
- Batch 1: 20th - 21st May 2023
- Batch 2: 27th - 28th May 2023
- Batch 3: 03rd - 04th June 2023
- Batch 4: 10th - 11th June 2023
- Batch 5: 17th - 18th June 2023
Contact TTrikon on 9819021806 or email at email@example.com to enquire more about the Bhandardara fireflies festival 2023. The Seats are already filling fast.
Q: When can I see fireflies in bhandardara?
A: Just before monsoon hits, you will be able to witness fireflies.
Q: Can kids join Bhandardara firefly event 2023?
A: Kids can join their parents for the Bhandardara firefly event 2023.
Q: Can i join Bhandardara firefly festival as a solo traveler?
A: Yes, you can join Bhandardara Firefly festival as a solo traveler.
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells (compulsory)
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Places to visit in Bhandardara:
Bhandardara is a picturesque hill station located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, India. Here are some places to visit in Bhandardara:
- Wilson Dam: It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bhandardara, known for its stunning views and the serene atmosphere.
- Randha Falls: It is a beautiful waterfall located near the Wilson Dam, which is an ideal spot for nature lovers and photographers.
- Amruteshwar Temple: It is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, known for its unique Hemadpanthi architecture.
- Kalsubai Peak: It is the highest peak in Maharashtra and is a popular trekking destination in Bhandardara.
- Agasti Rishi Ashram: It is a famous ashram located on the banks of the Pravara River, which is believed to be the meditation spot of Sage Agasti.
- Arthur Lake: It is a beautiful lake located amidst lush green hills, which offers a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
- Ratangad Fort: It is a popular fort located near Bhandardara, known for its historic significance and stunning views.
- Bhandardara Hill Station: The hill station itself is a beautiful place to explore, with its scenic landscapes, waterfalls, and numerous trekking trails.
Overall, Bhandardara is a great destination for nature lovers, trekkers, and history buffs, offering a perfect mix of adventure, history, and scenic beauty.