Fireflies Special Trek to Prabalmachi
Prabalmachi fireflies trek will be one of a kind of experience you shouldn’t miss this firefly season! Located between Panvel and Matheran, this popular weekend trekking and camping destination comes alive just before the monsoon. Situated atop the Kalavantin Durg, the site offers a panoramic view of the Panvel city, and the magnificent Prabalgad and Kalavantin Durg!
What makes the experience unique is that in the pre-monsoon, you get to witness innumerable fireflies glowing around in the dark, lush, quiet terrains and meadows of Prabalmachi. Fireflies are insects which glow due to the chemical reaction occurring in their body. The phenomenon is called as a bioluminescence. Fireflies illuminate themselves to attract mates, prey or protect themselves from predators.
The lush green scenic surroundings and cool breeze adds up to the Prabalmachi fireflies night trek experience. The Prabalmachi fireflies trek is a medium level trek with the journey starting from Mumbai and Pune.
Gear up for a unique experience at Prabalmachi fireflies trek away from chaos that will enthrall you and leave you refreshed through the core. What else does one want in this utterly busy world?
Prabalmachi is a little hamlet hiding in the hills, so close to our megacity! It offers a picturesque backdrop of two gigantic Sahyadri peaks--Prabalgad and Kalavantin. Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time.. Just walk along the dense forest and quietly observe these bio-luminescent bodies twinkling all around. Yes, it’s a moment to feel surprised and get awed by these little wonders.
Spend some relaxing time at Prabalmachi base village. Simply indulge in never ending conversations and share stories. Wake up to mesmerizing views of the valley and check out the city lights that will make your weekend worthwhile.
Located very close to Mumbai, Prabalmachi serves as the base village for famous treks of Prabalgad and Kalavantin forts. A highlighting feature is that it also plays host to numerous fireflies. It is a sight you would have never seen before!
Batch 1 - 4th - 5th June 2022
Batch 2 - 11th - 12th June 2022
Batch 3 - 18th - 19th June 2022
- Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
- Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
- Batch 3: 04th - 05th June 2022
Day 1: Saturday
06:15 pm Meet the Trikon Team at Panvel station and move towards Thakurwadi by local transport
07:00 pm Reach base village. Start trek to Prabalmachi after a round of introduction.
08:30 pm Reach Prabalmachi and freshen up
09:00 pm Enjoy local cuisine for dinner
10:00 pm Head out to spot fireflies. Return to the camping site and retire for the day.
Day 2: Sunday
07:00 am Wakeup call and freshen up
08:30 am Start descend post breakfast
10:00 am Start return journey by local transport
11:00 am Reach Panvel station and catch respective local trains
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch the 4:51 pm local train from CST to Panvel
04:51 pm - CSTM
05:09 pm - Wadala
05:20 pm - Kurla
05:39 pm - Vashi
06:09 pm - Panvel
Catch the 5:22 pm Local Train from Thane to Panvel
05:22 pm - Thane
05:51 pm - Nerul
06:13 pm - Panvel
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Panvel to Thakurwadi and back
- Food: Dinner and Breakfast with Tea at Prabalmachi
- Sharing Basis Home Stay In case of Rains at Prabalmachi
- Twin Sharing Tented Accommodation With Bedding at Prabalmachi
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusion
- Look at numerous sparkling fireflies at Prabalmachi
- Camping at Prabalmachi hill-top
- Campfire activities at Prabalmachi
- Panoramic view of both Kalavantin & Prabalgad from Prabalmachi hill
- Team bonding games during Prabalmachi fireflies festival
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- How do fireflies glow?
Fireflies glow due to a natural phenomenon occurring in their body, called as bioluminescent. The oxygen in the air when reaches the firefly’s abdomen reacts with a chemical called luciferin to give a prominent glow.
- What is the best season to witness fireflies?
The best season to witness fireflies is pre-monsoon that is months of May and June.
- How far is Prabalmachi base village from Mumbai for Fireflies Festival?
The Prabalmachi base village is almost 1 hr 25 min from Mumbai.
- Can we reach Prabalmachi base village using our own transport?
You can reach the campsite in your own vehicle or assemble at the Panvel Railway Station at the given time near the ticket counter, where you will meet the team leader and other trekking companions. The team then will move towards the base village Thakurwadi.
- How to reach Panvel from Mumbai for Prabalmachi Fireflies trek?
You can board a train from Andheri, Thane or CSTM to board a train for Panvel. This is the easiest and fastest way to reach Panvel from Mumbai for Prabalmachi Fireflies trek.
- How to reach Panvel from Pune for Prabalmachi Fireflies trek?
The easiest way to reach Panvel from Pune is take a bus from Pune. You may also board an express train that halt at Pune to reach Panvel, or drive your way by road through Pune – Lonavala – Shedung Phata Panvel in your own vehicle.
- What is difficulty level for Prabalmachi fireflies festival trek?
Prabalmachi fireflies festival trek is a fairly medium type of trek, which can be taken easily by anyone aged above 10.
- How long is the Prabalmachi trek to witness fireflies?
The time required to take Prabalmachi fireflies night trek from the base village varies from 2 hr to 2.5 hr.
- Does Prabalmachi Firefly Campsite have toilet facility?
Yes, It has
- What are the Prabalmachi Fireflies Festival Event 2022 dates? Kajwa Mahotsav 2022 dates Prabalmachi?
• Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
• Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
• Batch 3: 04th - 05th June 2022
Contact TTrikon on 9819021806 or email at email@example.com to enquire more about the Prabalmachi fireflies festival 2022. The Seats are already filling fast.
- When can I see fireflies in Prabalmachi?
Just before monsoon hits, you will be able to witness fireflies.
- Can kids join Prabalmachi firefly event 2022?
Kids above 10 years of age can join the Prabalmachi firefly event 2022.
- Can I join Prabalmachi firefly festival as a solo traveler?
Yes, you can join Prabalmachi Firefly festival as a solo traveler.
- What type of food will is available at Prabalmachi firefly campsite?
Home-made veg, non-veg and Jain food options are available at Prabalmachi firefly campsite.
- Phone Connectivity at Prabalmachi Firefly Festival?
The mobile phone connectivity is quite poor and you might get weak signals at some points of the Prabalmachi Firefly festival camping site.
- Where will we stay at Prabalmachi?
The accommodation will be provided in hilltop tents at Prabalmachi camping site.
People also searched for:
- Rajmachi fireflies special trek near Mumbai
- Purushwadi firefly special event in Maharashtra
- Bhandardara firefly special camping near Mumbai
- Fireflies special event at Dehne in Maharashtra
- Firefly festival 2022 in Mumbai
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, tented / local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.( Home Stay / Dormitory would be provided incase of rains.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance from fireflies.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.