Purushwadi Fireflies Festival 2022
Celebrate the myriad hues of nature at the Purushwadi fireflies camp happening this pre-monsoon. This fest of fireflies near Nashik attracts the campers from all over the country, who come to this village to witness this fascinating spectacle. A perfect getaway from Mumbai and Pune, Purushwadi is small hamlet located in Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar District in Maharashtra.
During May and June, zillions of fireflies come out in open after sunset in the stark open meadows of Purushwadi. These fireflies dissipate light from their abdomen in distinct pattern to attract the mates. The vibrant spots of shimmering light along the backdrop of dark night are treat for the eyes that are only glued to screens for the major part of the day.
This vacation, gather your relatives or friends and join this delightful expedition at Jugnu festival at Purushwadi. The quaint village lifestyle, delicious home-cooked food and scenic natural beauty of Purushwadi kajwa festival will etch the memories of fireflies camping in your mind for a long time.
Purushwadi is a tribal village situated 180/ 220 km from both Mumbai & Pune en route to Nasik, and is quickly gaining popularity as an eco-tourism destination. The village is home to many indigenous tribes including bails, kolismahadeos, thakars, kolidhors, takarekolis, paradhis, kokanas, warlis, kathodis and katkaris.. It is nestled in the forested Western Ghats, between river Kurkundi and river Mula, in the Akole district of Maharashtra. The village has been adopted by a well-known NGO, Grassroutes who are dedicated towards promoting eco-friendly tourism in villages across Maharashtra, also providing livelihood to the villagers in the process.
The village is a haven for us city-dwellers looking for a quick refreshing getaway from Mumbai. At Purushwadi, one gets to experience the quaint village lifestyle, traditional hospitality of the friendly locals at the home stays, and delicious home-cooked food. Adding a touch of magic, the nights at Purushwadi are lightened up by nature’s very own illumination- hundreds of fireflies!
Though all attempts have been made to maintain the raw flavour of the traditional village life, Purushwadi home-stays are well equipped with all the necessary, basic amenities electricity, drinking water, toilets facilities and beddings.
Disclaimer: Sighting of fireflies is a natural phenomenon and is completely based on the rains, so if it rains heavily we may see less or no fireflies.
Ex Purushwadi Cost - Rs.2300/-
Ex Mumbai Cost - Rs.3300/-
Batch 3 - 25th - 26th June 2022
Please note that we are going to get close to nature. Hence all the facilities will be basic. Do not expect deal of comfort, even while we strive to make available better facilities.
This is nature's trail. We are going to enjoy something incredible that nature is keeping hidden from us urban folks. The price for that is stepping out from our comforts. But believe us, it will be worth it...
- Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
- Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
- Batch 3: 04th - 05th June 2022
- Batch 4: 11th - 12th June 2022
Day 1: Saturday
08:45 am Meet the Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel , Dadar East
09:00 am Leave for Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite, Pick Up On The Way
09:30 am Pickup from Teen Hath Naka Junction
01:30 pm Lunch En-Route
04:30 pm Reach Purushwadi Base Village and freshen up (Evening snacks will be provided)
05:00 pm Explore the area.
08:00 pm Stroll around the Purushwadi village to witness the twinkling fireflies (Depends upon the weather)
09:30 pm Dinner & Games
10:30 pm Rest for the day
Day 2: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up to a beautiful sun-rise and morning walk
08:00 am Enjoy fresh breakfast and chai
10:00 am Start packing up bags and folding up the camp. Leave the campsite with lots of memories!
04:00 pm Reach Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Dadar to Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite - Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite to Dadar by Pvt AC Bus
- Saturday Evening Snacks, Veg / Non Veg Dinner & Sunday Breakfast at Purushwadi
- Dorm Accommodation at Homestay / Twin Sharing Tented accommodation at Purushwadi
- Bed Sheet & Blanket
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expense of personal use other than mentioned in inclusions
- Saturday & Sunday Lunch
- Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of Purushwadi Fireflies festival
- Experience rustic village stay camping / homestay at Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite
- Experience the quaint village lifestyle, traditional hospitality of the friendly locals at Prushwadi Fireflies festival campsite
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Purushwadi will keep you hooked!
- Try your hands on night photography
- ID Card
- Lunch for Saturday
- 2 litres water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzal Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch and mosquito repellent
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- How do fireflies glow?
Fireflies belong produce light in their abdomen using a technique called bioluminescence. Both males and females pulsate light in different patterns to create a fantastic spectacle at night.
- What is the best season to witness fireflies?
The best season to witness fireflies is from May to June.
- Can we reach the campsite using our transport for the Purushwadi Firefly Festival?
You can reach the campsite using your own transport for the Purushwadi Firefly Festival.
- How to reach Purushwadi Fireflies Festival campsite?
Meet the TTrikon team at Bisleri junction at Andheri East and leave for Purushwadi for the Purushwadi Fireflies Festival campsite.
- How far Purushwadi firefliy festival campsite from Mumbai?
Purushwadi is situated 220km from Purushwadi firefly festival campsite from Mumbai.
- Does the Purushwadi Firefly Campsite has toilet facility?
Yes, it has.
- What are the Purushwadi Fireflies Festival Event 2022 dates? Kajwa Mahotsav 2022 dates Nashik?
Check the batch dates for the Purushwadi Fireflies Festival/Kajwa Mahotsav 2022.
• Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
• Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
• Batch 3: 04th - 05th June 2022
• Batch 4: 11th - 12th June 2022
Contact Trikon on 9819021806 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- When can I see fireflies in Purushwadi?
Just before monsoon hits, you will be able to witness fireflies.
- Can kids join Purushwadi firefly event 2022?
Kids can join their parents for the Purushwadi firefly event 2002.
- Can i join Purushwadi firefly festival as a solo traveller?
Yes, you can join Purushwadi Firefly festival as a solo traveler.
People also searched for:
- Rajmachi fireflies special trek near Mumbai
- Prabalmachi fireflies trek and camp near Mumbai
- Bhandardara firefly special camping near Mumbai
- Fireflies special event at Dehne in Maharashtra
- Firefly festival 2022 in Mumbai
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Disclaimer: Fireflies is a Natural Phenomenon. We may or may not get to witness them. It totally depends on the weather conditions.
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, tented / local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.( Home Stay / Dormitory would be provided incase of rains.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...