Purushwadi Fireflies Festival This monsoon Trikon brings you an offbeat and unique weekend getaway, at the spectacular Purushwadi fireflies festival.
Purushwadi is an idyllic tribal village located at a distance of 220 kms from Mumbai and Pune, and is quickly gaining popularity as an eco-tourism destination. The village is home to many indigenous tribes including bails, kolismahadeos, thakars, kolidhors, takarekolis, paradhis, kokanas, warlis, kathodis and katkaris.
Purushwadi is a tribal village situated 180/ 220 km from both Mumbai & Pune en route to Nasik. It is nestled in the forested Western Ghats, between river Kurkundi and river Mula, in the Akole district of Maharashtra. The village has been adopted by a well-known NGO, Grassroutes who are dedicated towards promoting eco-friendly tourism in villages across Maharashtra, also providing livelihood to the villagers in the process.
The village is a haven for us city-dwellers looking for a quick refreshing getaway from Mumbai. At Purushwadi, one gets to experience the quaint village lifestyle, traditional hospitality of the friendly locals at the home stays, and delicious home-cooked food. Adding a touch of magic, the nights at Purushwadi are lightened up by nature’s very own illumination- hundreds of fireflies!
Though all attempts have been made to maintain the raw flavour of the traditional village life, Purushwadi home-stays are well equipped with all the necessary, basic amenities electricity, drinking water, toilets facilities and beddings.
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Batch 1: 19th - 20th June 2021
Disclaimer: Fireflies is a Natural Phenomenon. We may or may not get to witness them. It totally depends on the weather conditions.
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, tented / local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.( Home Stay / Dormitory would be provided incase of rains.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
Day 1: Saturday
10:30 am Meet the Trikon Team at Bisleri Junction, Andheri (E)
10:45 am Leave for Purushwadi, Pick Up On The Way
11:15 am Pickup from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
12:00 pm Pickup from Teen Haath Naka, Thane
01:30 am Lunch En-Route
04:30 pm Reach Base Village and freshen up (Evening snacks will be provided)
05:00 pm Explore the area.
08:00 pm Stroll around the villages to witness the twinkling fireflies (Depends upon the weather)
09:30 pm Dinner & Games
10:30 pm Rest for the day
Day 2: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up to a beautiful sun-rise and morning walk
08:00 am Enjoy fresh breakfast and chai
10:00 am Start packing up bags and folding up the camp. Leave the campsite with lots of memories!
02:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Things To Carry
- ID Card
- Lunch for Saturday
- 2 litres water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzal Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch and mosquito repellent
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Covid Safety Guidlines
Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of this journey
- Experience rustic village stay camping / homestay
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Purushwadi will keep you hooked!
- Try your hand at night-time photography
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Andheri - Andheri by Pvt Non AC Bus
- Saturday Evening Snacks, Veg / Non Veg Dinner & Sunday Breakfast
- Homestay / Twin Sharing Tented accommodation
- Bed Sheet & Blanket
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expense of personal use other than mentioned in inclusions
- Saturday & Sunday Lunch