Rajmachi Fireflies Special Trek
Rajmachi fireflies trek awaits you! Rajmachi Village situated near Lonavala, surrounded by Western Ghats is a perfect place to trek, camp and explore the twinkling fireflies during weekends. This firefly festival in Lonavala is the best option, especially if you are looking for a short getaway from the chaos of Mumbai and Pune city life!
The Rajmachi fort lying at the elevation of 2,750 feet offers majestic views of the Sahyadri Mountains. The fort is surrounded by beautiful flora and fauna, waterfalls, and green valleys. However, most people are oblivion to the fact that this place of natural beauty can be best explored before monsoon to experience the show of fireflies!
The Rajmachi fireflies festival starts with an exciting night trekking experience. Fireflies also called as Kajawa in Marathi are bugs that illuminate after sunset during to attract the opposite mates with pre-monsoon being the mating period for them.
Fireflies have become rare in cities and can be spotted in sparsely populated surroundings far away from the city buzz in natural vegetation. Escape into the wilderness and experience the magical sight of fireflies at Rajmachi trek.
Rajmachi (Udhewadi) is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in Maharashtra. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination. Rajmachi fort is a very famous fort located near famous hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khandala. Historically, Rajmachi fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat (ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. The fort played a strategic role in the First Anglo-Maratha War. Rajmachi Fort has been declared as a protected monument.
Disclaimer: Sighting of fireflies is a natural phenomenon and is completely based on the rains, so if it rains heavily we may see less or no fireflies.
Batch 3 - 18th - 19th June 2022
Itinerary for Mumbai People
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch CST-Khopoli Fast Local @12:20 pm
12.20 pm Mumbai CST
12.27 pm Byculla
12.33 pm Dadar
12.41 pm Kurla
1.01 pm Thane
1.17 pm Dombivli
1.26 pm Kalyan
1.38 pm Ambernath
1.45 pm Badlapur
2.19 pm Karjat
2.44 pm Khopoli
Meet The Trikon Buddy at Khopoli Station And Head towards Rajmachi Via Lonavla
Itinerary for Pune People
Pune People can catch Pune to Lonavala Local
- 03:00 pm - Departure from Pune
- 04:26 pm - Arrival at Lonavala
Day 1: Saturday
03:00 pm Meet the Trikon Team Lead at Khopoli Station & proceed towards campsite in local transport
04:30 pm Meet the Trikon Team Pune Participants enroute & enjoy evening snacks
05:30 pm Resume journey towards campsite
06:30 pm Halt midway near Tungarli dam & resume rest of journey on foot to witness the fireflies
09:30 pm Reach base village, relax and have dinner
10:30 pm Take a walk around the village to witness more fireflies
11:30 pm Retire for the day with sweet memories
Day 2: Sunday
05:30 am Wake up call and freshen up
06:30 am Trek to Shrivardhan fort
08:00 am Come back to base village and enjoy breakfast
09:00 am Start our trek till the Tungarli Dam , from there take vehicle Back to Khopoli (for Mumbai Participants) & Lonavala (for Pune Participants)
12:00 pm Reach Khopoli
12:30 pm Catch Train / Bus Transport for Mumbai
02:00 pm Reach Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport from Khopoli & Lonavala railway station to Rajmachi Fireflies Festival campsite and back
- Saturday evening snacks and dinner, sunday breakfast at Rajmachi Fireflies Festival
- Home Stay at Rajmachi
- Trikon Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling: Mumbai to Khopoli & return, Pune to Lonavala & return
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Twinkling Fireflies are a highlight of Rajmachi Fireflies Special Trek
- Experience rustic village stay at Rajmachi
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Rajmachi will keep you hooked!
- A break from city chaos
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- How do fireflies glow?
Fireflies are lightning bugs that make light within their bodies. This process called bioluminescence is also shared by many sea-living or marine plants. Fireflies illuminate to attract a mate.
- What is the best season to witness fireflies?
The best season to witness fireflies is during pre-monsoon i.e. May to June.
- How far is Rajmachi Fireflies Festival from Mumbai or Pune?
Rajmachi fireflies festival is 16km away from Lonavala. The distance from Pune is approximately 171 Km (2.2 hr.) via AH 47 and 314 Km (5.5 hr.) from Mumbai.
- Can we reach Rajmachi base village using our own transport?
Yes, you can reach Rajmachi base village using your own transport
- How to reach Lonavala from Mumbai for Rajmachi Fireflies trek?
You can reach Lonavala via buses which regularly ply from Dadar, Thane, Borivali and other major spots in Mumbai. You may also board a train from Dadar or Thane to reach Lonavala or take a cab or drive your vehicle to reach Lonavala from Mumbai for Rajmachi Fireflies trek.
- How to reach Lonavala from Pune for Rajmachi Fireflies trek?
You can take a bus or a train from Pune to reach Rajmachi Fireflies trek.
- What is difficulty level for Rajmachi fireflies festival trek?
Rajmachi fireflies festival trek is fairly easy. Any healthy person above the age of 10 can go for this trek.
- How long is the Rajmachi trek to witness fireflies?
Rajmachi trek is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala Station.
- Does Rajmachi Firefly Campsite have toilet facility?
Yes, it has.
- What are the Rajmachi Fireflies Festival Event 2022 dates? Kajwa Mahotsav 2022 dates Rajmachi Lonavala?
Check the batch dates for the Rajmachi Fireflies Festival/Kajwa Mahotsav 2022.
• Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
• Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
• Batch 3: 04th - 05th June 2022
Contact Trikon on 9819021806 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- When can I see fireflies in Rajmachi?
Just before monsoon hits, you will be able to witness fireflies.
- Can kids join Rajmachi firefly event 2022?
An individual above 10 years of age can join Rajmachi firefly event 2022
- Can I join Rajmachi firefly festival as a solo traveller?
Yes, you can join the Rajmachi firefly festival as a solo traveler.
- What type of food will is available at Rajmachi firefly campsite?
Home-made food comprising of veg, non-veg or Jain meals are available at Rajmachi firefly campsite.
- Will there be phone connectivity at Rajmachi Firefly Festival?
The phone connectivity at Rajmachi Firefly Festival is poor. You may get a weak at the camping site.
- Where will we stay at Rajmachi?
The accommodation will be provided in hilltop tents at Rajmachi camping site.
People also searched for:
- Prabalmachi fireflies special trek near Mumbai
- Purushwadi firefly special event in Maharashtra
- Bhandardara firefly special camping near Mumbai
- Fireflies special event at Dehne in Maharashtra
- Firefly festival 2022 in Mumbai
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Lonavala
- Board the second Compartment from Karjat Side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.