Karnala Fort Trek
The Karnala Fort is one that was of great importance to some of the biggest rulers of the time, from the Yadavs and the Tughlaqs to the Gujarat Sultanate, the Nizam Shah of Ahmednagar, the Portuguese, Shivaji Maharaj, Aurangzeb and the Mughals, the Peshwas of Pune and finally the British East India Company! An impressive clientele, don’t you think? But what made it so important to all of them? It overlooked the Bhor Pass, a trade route connecting the Konkan and Vidarbha regions. So, essentially, you’re going to be trekking to a fort that all these mighty rulers have fought to claim and hold on to, doesn’t that make you hit the Registration link already!
The fort is situated within the premises of the now Karnala Bird Sanctuary (keep an eye out, all you bird-watchers!), with plenty of greenery on the forest trail. The fort is at a height of 1440 ft., which translates into roughly a 1.5 hr ascent. It is an easy-level trek that is good for beginners while also interesting enough for the pros!
Batch 1: Sunday, 3rd October 2021
With Transport: Rs 1499/-
Without Transport: Rs 799/-
05:50 am : Meet The Trikon Team at Bisleri Factory, Andheri (E)
06:00 am : Bus Starts for Karnala, Pickup on the way
06:15 am: Pickup from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
06:30 am: Pick up from K-star Mall, Chembur
06:45 am: Pick up from Sec 17, Vashi (below the flyover)
07:00 am: Pick up from Hotel 3 star, Kharghar
09:00 am: Reach base village and have breakfast
10:00 am: Start the trek
11:00 am: Reach the top and explore the fort
12:00 pm: Start descend
01:30 pm: Reach base village and have lunch
03:00 pm: Start return journey
06:00 pm: Reach Mumbai (Depends upon the Traffic)
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
- transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Andheri - Andheri
- Food: Morning Tea/Coffee, Breakfast and Lunch (Veg / Non-Veg)
- Bird Sanctuary Fees
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera Charges
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusion
‘Pandu’s Tower’, a 125 ft. high basalt tower which was used as a watchtower and is in ruins now. Beware of the beehives here!
A water cisten that provides fresh water, all year long and caves
The top of the fort offers a panorama where you’ll spot Prabalgad, Manikgad, Haji Malang, Chanderi fort, Matheran, Sankshi fort, Dronagiri fort, Rajmachi and a hazy view of Bhimshankar.
Bhavani Temple at the bottom of the fort