Fireflies Special Trek to Prabalmachi
Prabalmachi is a little hamlet hiding in the hills, so close to our megacity! It offers a picturesque backdrop of two gigantic Sahyadri peaks--Prabalgad and Kalavantin. Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies. Just walk along the dense forest and quietly observe these bio-luminescent bodies twinkling all around. Yes, it’s a moment to feel surprised and get awed by these little wonders.
Spend some relaxing time at Prabalmachi base village. Simply indulge in never ending conversations and share stories. Wake up to mesmerizing views of the valley and check out the city lights that will make your weekend worthwhile.
Located very close to Mumbai, Prabalmachi serves as the base village for famous treks of Prabalgad and Kalavantin forts. A highlighting feature is that it also plays host to numerous fireflies. It is a sight you would have never seen before!
Batch 1 : 12th - 13th June 2021
Batch 2 : 19th - 20th June 2021
Some instructions :
- Like you know fireflies can be spotted only at the remotest destination, where there is less amount of light and pollution hence we also stay amidst the villages.
- Please be ready to embrace rusticity, tented / local homes/dormitory with basic bedding facilities will be provided.( Home Stay / Dormitory would be provided incase of rains.
- Stay humble for home-made food Veg, Non Veg and Jain options available.
- Road conditions aren’t that great, hence bear with the bumps for a while as we travel in a local transport. Rusticity like we said.
- Be prepared with rain wear and a jacket as temperature drops at night and rains are always uncertain
- At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera.
- Don’t touch or capture fireflies let them be live in their own environment, nobody likes nuisance guest.
- No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found doing this activity will be separated from group and Trikon holds no responsibility for such a person.
- Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city.
- We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
Day 1: Saturday
05:00 pm Meet the Trikon Team at Thakurwadi Base Village
05:30 pm Start trek to Prabalmachi after a round of introduction.
06:30 pm Reach Prabalmachi and freshen up
09:00 pm Enjoy local cuisine for dinner
10:00 pm Head out to spot fireflies. Return to camping site and retire for the day.
Day 2: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call and freshen up
08:30 am Start descend post breakfast
09:30 am Reach the base and start return journey for home
What is included in the tour
- Food: Dinner and Breakfast with Tea
- Sharing Basis Home Stay Incase of Rains
- Twin Sharing Accomodation With Bedding
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Look at numerous sparkling fireflies
- Camping at the hill-top
- Campfire activities
- Panoramic view of both Kalavantin & Prabalgad
- Team bonding games
- Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Panvel
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.