Night Trek to Ratangad
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
As the name suggest, Ratangad is a ‘jewel’ of a fort situated atop a hill overlooking the Bhandardara region. The caves up there can shelter dozens of trekkers at a time. Kalsubai peak and the Konkan-Kada are visible from here, along with a number of waterfalls! The view of lakes from atop are mesmerizing.
Ratangad is a fort in Ratan Wadi, Maharashtra, India, overlooking the locale of Bhandardara, one of the oldest artificial catchment area. The fort is about 2000 years old. Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called ‘Nedhe’ or ‘Eye of the Needle’. The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. It also has many wells on the top
Batch 1 : 16th - 17th November 2019
Day 0: Saturday
09:30 pm Catch the Train for Kasara Station from CSMT
Day 1: Sunday
00:15 am Reach Kasara and leave for Ratanwadi via local transport
03:30 am Reach base village, And Start the Trek
Day 1: Sunday
06:00 am Reach the top and rest, explore peak after witnessing a glorious sunrise!
09:00 am Post Breakfast, Start descend towards base village
12:30 am Reach base village and have lunch
02:00 pm Leave for Kasara station
05:00 pm Reach Kasara station and proceed towards Mumbai
08:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Train Time Table
CST – Kasara Slow Local
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Panoramic view of other peaks from top
- Sunrise from the peak
- Jewel Fort
- Views of Bhandardara
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek
What is included in the tour
- Transport: Kasara to Kasara
- Food: Saturday dinner & Sunday Breakfast
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Local train tickets Mumbai-Kasara-Mumbai
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion