Night Trek to Ratangad
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
As the name suggest, Ratangad is a ‘jewel’ of a fort situated atop a hill overlooking the Bhandardara region. The caves up there can shelter dozens of trekkers at a time. Kalsubai peak and the Konkan-Kada are visible from here, along with a number of waterfalls! The view of lakes from atop are mesmerizing.
Ratangad is a fort in Ratan Wadi, Maharashtra, India, overlooking the locale of Bhandardara, one of the oldest artificial catchment area. The fort is about 2000 years old. Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called ‘Nedhe’ or ‘Eye of the Needle’. The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. It also has many wells on the top
Batch 1 : 19th - 20th December 2020
Day 0: Saturday
06:30 pm: Meet the Trikon Team outside Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
07:00 pm: Journey Starts for Ratangad
08:00 pm: Pick Up Point, Teen Haath Naaka, Thane
Day 1: Sunday
02:30 am: Reach The Base Village
03:00 am: Introduction Round and Start The Trek
06:00 am: Reach the top and rest, explore peak after witnessing a glorious sunrise!
09:00 am: Post Breakfast, Start descend towards base village
12:30 pm: Reach base village and have lunch
02:30 pm: Leave For Mumbai
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- Mask (Mandatoy)
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Sleeping Bag or proper bedding
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Winter Is Here!
- Please wear/carry full sleeves t-shirts or jackets for all camping events
- Thermal innerwear helps shield against cold
- Scarf or mufflers or ear muffs can be of use in windy areas
- Balaclava, woolen caps always prove useful
- Woollen gloves and socks will help keep hands, feet warm
- Moisturizer, sunscreen and lip balm will help prevent sunburn.
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Mumbai - Mumbai Non AC Bus
- Food: Sunday Breakfast and Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Panoramic view of other peaks from top
- Sunrise from the peak
- Jewel Fort
- Views of Bhandardara
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek