Tambdi Surla Waterfall Trek Located remarkably in the interiors of Goa, Tambdi Surla Waterfalls is still beyond the reach of destined travelers. At the base of the waterfalls, is the Tambdi Mahadev temple, which is still an active worship place for Hindus. Built in 12th century, the construction boasts of Jain architecture and some adapted carvings in basalt. Though many tried to invade this temple, but thankfully it still holds the charm and has managed to preserve its beauty.
Trek route & hiking towards the waterfalls
Reach the waterfalls by crossing jungle routes and winding roads. It’s thrilling and fun-filled as many river streams meet and greet you on your way to Tambdi Surla Falls. Especially when rain pours down, the entire path and backdrop turns lush green, icing to the cake is the ever-flowing river streams that promise adrenaline rush. All the while, when you’re trekking, the whooshing sound keeps talking to you.
And, moment you reach the falls, Ahh!!! A sight to behold and capture in your eyes.
Day 1: Saturday
03:00 pm: Meet the Trikon Team at Pune Railway station, Platform no 3
04:35 pm: We will be catching the Goa Express
Overnight Journey towards Kulem
Day 2: Sunday
04:30 am: Reach Kulem Station
05:30 am: Reach the base & have breakfast
06:00 am: Start trekking
08.00 am: Reach Tambdi Surla Falls
10.00 am: Start descending
11.30 am: Reach base village
12.00 pm: Explore Mahadeva Temple at the base
01.00 pm: Leave for Guest House at Kulem
02.00 pm: Get fresh & enjoy having delicious lunch
Stroll around the resort as it surround beautiful backwaters and lush green trees
04:30 pm : Pune Participants will catch 12779 / Goa Express Train
05:10 pm : Mumbai Participants will move to Madgaon by Local Transport
07:15 pm : Mumbai Participants will catch 12620/Matsyagandha Express
Day 3: Monday
04:30 am: Pune Team Reach Pune Junction
06:35 am: Mumbai Team Reach Mumbai (LTT)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- A pack of salt and matchbox
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Entering the dudhsagar waterfall is strictly prohibited.
- No washroom facilities are available in the area.
- Mobile connectivity is unavailable in the area, as it is surrounded by a dense forest.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health
- Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Non Ac Sleeper Coach Train Reservation from Pune to Kulem, Kulem to Madgaon & Madgaon to Mumbai
- Local Transport from Kulem to Base Village of Tambdi Surla
- Sunday Breakfast and Sunday Lunch. (Veg).
- Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary Jungle Entry Charges.
- Local Guide & Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mumbai to Pune Train Ticket
- Saturday & Sunday Dinner
- Food while traveling in Train
- Taxes as applicable
- 5% GST
- Explore the Ancient Mahadeva Temple
- Witness prominent idols & carvings
- Surreal backdrop and waterfalls
- Cross multiple river streams
- Trek through the jungle route