Visapur Fort Trek
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
Come June and you will see trekking enthusiasts exploring monsoon treks in Maharashtra. One such trekking destination that has been immensely popular is the Visapur trek. Visapur is a fort located 9 km away from the Malavi station. Counted among the mightiest forts in Maharashtra, it stands at 3567 feet. The base of the fort is 65 km from Pune and 105 km from Mumbai.
The Visapur fort trek offers you a splendid view of the Sahyadri. The route is full of dense vegetation, shaded trees and numerous water streams. The Staircase Waterfall is the most exciting part of this monsoon trek that will immediately remind you of the Bhushi Dam. Once you reach the fort, you will see caves, water tanks, an arch and ruins of houses and Wadas among which the large-stone house is known as the Peshwa’s Palace. You will also find a massive carving of Lord Hanuman and several temples around the fort.
The trek level of this fort is medium and along the way, you will catch views of many other forts including Lohgad, Tikona and Tung fort. The Visapur trek can be taken anytime during the year but monsoon is the best time to explore it as during summer the trail will have dry rocks whereas in monsoon the water will gush down the rocks.
About Visapur Fort:
The Visapur fort was captured by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Later British troops captured the fort and fired cannons from the fort to destroy Lohagad fort. The south and north gateways of the Visapur fort were blown up by the British to diminish its significance.
Read our blog about Visapur Fort trek in Monson @ https://www.ttrikon.com/blog/visapur-fort-trek-a-waterfall-trek-to-remember/
05:15 am: Meet the Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel Dadar (E)
05:30 am: Depart for Visapur, Pickups on the way
05:45 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
06:15 am: Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge
06:30 am: Pickup Point : Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
09:00 am: Reach Base village and Enjoy breakfast
10:00 am: Post Introduction Start our trek.
01:00 pm: Reach the Top, Explore.
02:00 pm: Start Descend.
04:00 pm: Reach the Base Village, Freshen up and have lunch
05:00 pm: Leave for Mumbai
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai (Depends upon the traffic)
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Mumbai - Mumbai by Pvt Non AC bus
- Food: Breakfast and lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Ancient caves, Old Grinder at Visapur fort
- Beautiful Lord Hanuman temple at Visapur
- A small and large Cannon at Visapur fort
- The enormous Visapur fort wall
- Explore the secret route to escape from Visapur fort
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer