Leh – Ladakh Tour & Adventure (Leh to Srinagar)
A dream destination for any spirited traveler, Leh is a paradise in the lap of the Himalayas, and offers you the glorious landscapes full of mountains and valleys. The Ladakh region (meaning ‘Land of High Passes’) has also been described as 'The Mysterious Land of the Mystic Lamas' and 'The Broken Moonland', owing to its unique combination of unparalleled landscapes and soulful Tibetan culture.
Trikon brings you the adventure of a lifetime at Leh, Ladakh. Our carefully planned itinerary offers you the best experience possible – the joyous adventure of a road trip, the thrill of white water river-rafting in the Zanskar. We promise the trip will be a treat to all your senses, making it an experience you’ll cherish forever! So what are you waiting for?? Come, get enchanted by the mystic beauty that is Leh!
Batch 1 : 13th July - 20th July 2019 ( Registration Closed )
Batch 2 : 11th August - 18th August 2019 ( Last 2 Seats Available )
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on email@example.com
Day 1: Arrival & Acclimatization
Take a Early Morning Flight for Leh at 04:00 am from Mumbai. Arrive at Leh. Due to sudden temperature and weather change, the body needs some time for Acclimatization. Spend the day in local sight-seeing and take rest.
Day 2: Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La - 125 kms (4-5 hours) /Overnight stay at Nubra Valley
We make our way across the Khardung La Pass, situated at 18,380ft, the world’s highest motorable road, to enter the mystic Nubra Valley. Sandwiched between the Karakoram Range to the north and Ladakh range to the south, lie the Shyok and Nubra Rivers. The villages of Nubra are scattered along these two valley-floors. Given the relatively low altitude, a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and grains are grown in this area. Here we visit the Diskit Monastery, which is 550 years old and the largest monastery in the Nubra Valley. The day ends with an overnight tent stay under the magnificent night sky full of stars!
Day 3: Nubra to Leh, Visit Sand Dunes and Camel Safari - 125 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay in Leh
After an early breakfast, we visit the white sand dunes at Hunder, a rare cold desert at this altitude. Ride the unique double-humped Bactrian camels here, the only place in the entire world where they can be found!
In the second half of the day, visit Shey Palace and Thiksey Monastery, one of the largest and most impressive Gompas. Also, if time permits, visit Stok Palace and Museum. Stok offers amazing views of the Stok Range, including the highest peak there, Stok Kangri(20,187 feet), a well-known peak for budding mountaineers. Drive back to Leh, and end with an overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4: Leh to Pangong Tso to Leh – 150 kms (4-5 hours) / Overnight stay at Leh
The most fascinating highlight of any Leh trip, today we pay a visit to Pangong Lake, which is the largest brackish water lake in Asia. Two-thirds of the lake lies in China. To get there, we travel via Chang La, the third highest motorable road in the world, at 17,586 feet. On our way there, you will get a chance to witness cuteness overload in the form of an animal called Mormot, a rare species. Start your journey towards Leh and spend the night at the hotel for reviving yourself.
Day 5: Leh Local Sightseeing / Overnight stay in Leh
Morning’s here! We wake up to an enchanting sunrise and visit the best of all monastries in Leh, Hemis and Thiksey Monastery. There's a small climb to Shey Palace, where resides a 3-floreyed high Maytreya Buddha Statue, those who wish to do so, can. We shop at a local market opposite the palace, the products sell cheaper here as compared to Leh. If time permits, we would also pay a visit at the famous '3 Idiots School', where few scenes from the movie were shot.
Day 6: Leh to Kargil via Lamayuru and River Rafting in the Zanskar – 240 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay in Kargil
Leave from Leh and visit Pathir Sahib Gurudwara, which has an important story around it on How Guru Nanak Devji Killed a demon here. We will also take a halt at the most popular Magnetic hill of Leh- Ladakh for clicking pictures. Drive to Chilling, along the River Zanskar, where we begin our river rafting adventure! Enjoy the majestic views of the mountains around, along with the thrill of navigating past the rapids in the chilling waters of the Zanskar! Cross the ever scenic Moonland, this is a geographical wonder. Reach Kargil and get some rest!
Day 7: Kargil to Srinagar via Drass – 200 kms (7-8 hours) / Overnight stay at Srinagar
Leave early in the morning, and visit Kargil War Memorial, where the bravest Tiger Hill battle was fought. Know the story of how the bravehearts sacrificed their lives to keep us safe. As we cross over the amazing Zoji La, we enter the heavenly valley of Sonmarg. The spectacular views of the valley will definitely leave you spellbound! Continue the drive to Srinagar. If time permits explore Floating Market of Dal Lake via Shikhara Ride
Day 8: Departure
Time to fly back home from Srinagar! Trip concludes with happy memories!
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Leh & Srinagar to Mumbai by Air
- Accommodation in Triple sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary
- Breakfast & Dinner at all hotels and home-stays
- Comfortable Non-AC Force Traveller vehicle for all days, as per the itinerary
- Rafting, camel ride expenses
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- 5% GST
- Visit the famous Pangong Lake!
- Venture into the majestic Nubra Valley via Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world!
- Visit the cold desert of Hunder and enjoy the one-of-a-kind Camel Safari!
- A visit to the ancient Diskit, Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries
- Get set and experience the thrill of White Water River-Rafting in the Zanskar River!
- Road trip through Kargil, time to lose yourself in the heavenly Sonmarg Valley and Zoji La!
- Visit Drass, the second coldest place in the world!