Tikona Fort Trek From Mumbai
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Tikona is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. Tikona Fort located near Kamshet around 60 kms from Pune. This tall hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "Triangle". Tikona Fort is a proud host to a temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev', seven water tanks and the Satvahan caves. Once at the top of the fort, one should definitely catch the views of the Pawna lake & dam and the nearby forts of Tung, Lohagad and Visapur.
Let’s come together and conquer the historical wonder Tikona Fort which has many viewpoints and ruined fortifications. It’s time to pull up your socks and get going…. Because You’re Worth It!
Fairly accessible via an easy trek and dotted with rocky patches, the Tikona Fort also known as Vitandgad, is a perfect trekking destination for all those who wish to combine leisure with adventure. It’s a great way to take a break from the daily routine and submit your soul to nature. Ideal for first timers, this mesmeric fort is indeed scalable and also has rock-cut stairs to give you a regal feel.
Day 1 - Sunday
05:50 am: Meet Trikon at Kotak Mahindra Atm near Pritam Hotel Dadar (E), Mumbai
06:00 am: Leave for Tikona Base Village
06:20 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
07:00 am: Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge
07:20 am: Pickup Point : Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
10:00 am : Reach base village and Enjoy breakfast
11:00 am : Introduction session
11:15 am : Start the trek to Tikona Fort
12:45 pm : Reach the top, enjoy the view and Lunch
02:45 pm : Explore Tikona Fort
03:30 pm : Start Descending towards base village
04:30 pm : Enjoy Evening Snacks at base village
05:30 pm : Proceed towards Mumbai
09:30 pm : Reach Mumbai
Visit https://www.ttrikon.com/trip/tikona-fort-trek-from-pune for Tikona trek from Pune.
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone, etc. in polythene bags while packing
- Wear shoes with a good grip
- Use insect repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand, etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
IMPORTANT: Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Important Information: Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Checkout our blog on Monsoon Trekking Essentials @ https://www.ttrikon.com/blog/monsoon-trekking-essentials/
- Understand the historical importance and legacy of Tikona Fort
- View of Pawna lake from the top of Tikona Fort
- Tikona Fort exploration- Huge gates, a temple, natural water tank
- A hundred steep stone-cut steps, a cave on the trail
- Ridge connecting fort and mountains
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Dadar, Mumbai to Tikona and Tikona to Dadar, Mumbai
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks, etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer