Andharban Trek - The Jungle Trek From Mumbai
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
Imagine yourself in the middle of dark jungles, finding routes, viewing valleys and crossing ghats, sound adventurous?? Yeah!!!! You’ll be doing all this at Andharban – The Dark forest Trek. The Andharban trek is majorly based on descending from the peak. It is one of the most stunning treks and there are lots of things to explore. You will be walking on ridge that gives a scintillating view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the various mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat.
While you’re trekking through the jungle of Andharban, there will be coverage of evergreen forests which covers you with a relaxing shade in first half of the trek (6-8 kms).The trek then descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 kms).The same valley is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting and other adventure activities
Batch 1: Saturday, 2nd October 2021 (Leaving Friday Night)
09:45 pm : Meet the Trikon Team Bisleri Factory, Andheri (E)
10:00 pm : Depart for Andharban, pickups on the way
10:30 pm : Pickup from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
10:45 pm : Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
11.15 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
11.40 pm : Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
04:00 am : Reach at the base and rest for sometime
06:00 am : Breakfast & Freshen up at Base Village
06:30 am : Reach Pimpri dam i.e the start point of our trek
07:00 am : Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
11:00 am : Lunch at Hirdi village
12:30 pm : Start Descending towards Bhira Dam
03:00 pm : Reach Bhira Dam and freshen up at the base
05:30 pm : Start return journey
09:00 pm : Mumbai tentatively
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Mumbai - Mumbai
- Food: Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Evening Tea
- Andharban Forest Entry Charges
- Trikon Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
- Visit Tamhini Ghat
- Bhira Dam start point
- Walk through dense and dark jungle of Andharban
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer