Dudhsagar Waterfall Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Medium
One of India's tallest four tiered waterfalls ranked fifth, located on Mandovi river, in Bhagwan Mahaveer sanctuary and molle national park among the western ghats. Surrounded by deciduous forests with rich biodiversity and forming the border between Karnataka and Goa states.
Does this gigantic formation of nature need more introduction?
Take a bow! Dudhsagar Waterfalls it is.
With its spectacular view to promise every monsoon Dudhsagar waterfall doesn't fail to leave people awestruck with its huge presence and water flowing with immense pride!
Please Note : Kulem to Dudhsagar and Return is total 24 KM Walk through Jungle Route
Day 1: Saturday
03:00 pm: Meet the Trikon Team at Pune Railway station, Platform no 3
04:35 pm: We will be catching the Goa Express
Overnight Journey toward Dudhsagar.
Day 2: Sunday
05:30 am: Reach Kulem Station
06:00 am : Start Trekking from Kulem toward Dudhsagar Waterfall through Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary Jungle (3 Hours Easy Trek through Jungle crossing Multiple Water Streams)
10:00 am : Reach Dudhsagar Base , Fun time near Waterfall
11:00 am : Packed Breakfast
11:30 am : Start our return journey to Kulem
03:00 pm: Reach Kulem Guest House
03:30 pm - 04:30 pm: Freshen up and have lunch
Mumbai Participants will move to Madgaon Station by Train or Local Transport
From Madgoan Station Catch 12620/Matsyagandha Express
Day 3: Monday
Pune Participants reach Pune at 03:55 am
Mumbai Participants reach Mumbai at 06:35 am ( LTT )
Few Questions asked frequently
Do We have a changing facility once we reach Kulem?
No, We will be starting our Trek to Dudhsagar from station itself, you will need to Freshnup and change in train
Do we need to carry the entire bag?
No, we will have a jeep waiting for us at Kulem Station. We will keep our extra luggage in that Jeep, and we will only carry food items and water while trekking.
Carry an additional bag, not a trolley bag or sling bag an extra small backpack,
How we are going to finish 26 km walk in 6 hrs
It's easy trail and we don't have a difficult hiking patch, we just need to keep walking without taking stops on small pace and enjoying nature
What is included in the tour
- Non Ac Sleeper Coach Train Reservation from Pune to Kulem, Kulem to Madgaon & Madgaon to Mumbai
- Sunday Breakfast and Sunday Lunch. (Veg).
- Freshen Up rooms at Kulem
- Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary Jungle Entry Charges.
- Trikon Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mumbai to Pune Train Ticket
- Food while traveling in Train
- Get astonished with Huge Everlasting, Ever flowing Dudhsagar Waterfalls
- Goan food to cherish
- Unending train Stories
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- A pack of salt and matchbox
- What is Dudhsagar and Where is it?
With a height of 310 metres (1017 feet), Dudhsagar Falls is one of the highest waterfalls in India. Its average breadth is 30 metres (100 feet). The falls are situated in the Western Ghats' Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park. About 12 kilometres away from the falls is the closest railroad station stop, Collem. The falls are regarded as one of Goa's top tourist destinations.
- How to reach Dudhsagar Falls?
Road access is available from the National Highway (NH-4A). Collem (Kuhlem) Station is the closest one to the falls (South Central Railway). Collem - Mollem (6 km) - Dudhsagar Falls is the train route from Goa to the falls. The other route begins at Carambolim (Karmali Railway Station – Konkan Railways)
- What is the best time for Dudhsagar?
Monsoons. Heavy Rains will make it look like a milky fall pouring with a current that surpasses all unthinkable magnanimity.
- Is there anything apart from Dudhsagar to explore?
There is another hike and waterfall adventure called Tambdi Surla Falls that is located close by. The location is accessible via day excursion, and getting back to the base is simple.
- Is it safe to go there for a solo trip?
Yes, Dudhsagar has elevated to prominence over the past ten years and attracts thousands of tourists throughout the monsoon season. There are also available local guides that can assist you in getting to the falls and make your day memorable with splendid photography and videos.
- What are the special attractions?
The milky white-water flows with gush which is a treat to eyes. The months from October to May is the best time to Visit Dudhsagar trip.
- What sort of facilities are available and where?
In the midst of nature, the location gives its own unique beauty. Life jackets are a must even though the water is safe for swimming. The main drawback is that the waterfall location lacks basic restroom and hygiene amenities. The closest facility could be at Kuhlem, which is 12 kilometres away from Dudhsagar Falls by train track.
- Is it worth visiting Dudhsagar?
'Dudhsagar falls' is worth visiting, especially during rains. It has got its own beauty.
- What can I shop or carry for Dudhsagar?
Please carry medicines and a first aid kit, an umbrella and a raincoat. Keep dry snacks, dry fruits or other ready to eat snacks in case you feel hungry along the way. Make sure you wear the most comfortable sports shoes you own. The soles should offer good grip.
- Any special health related suggestion for this trip?
In terms of difficulty, Dudhsagar waterfall trek is somewhere between easy to moderate level trek. The total distance between Kulem and Dudhsagar falls is around 12 kms and takes around 3-4 hours to reach the same. The trail is mostly flat with just a few uphill patches
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Entering the dudhsagar waterfall is strictly prohibited.
- No washroom facilities are available in the area.
- Mobile connectivity is unavailable in the area, as it is surrounded by a dense forest.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health
- Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.