If you want to do something different this time when you set out to enjoy nature, this beach trek is for you! With every step you take, there will be sound of waves crashing onto colorful rocks, golden sand and breathtaking views with every little hill you climb. Also, did we mention there’s a ferry ride, camping on a beach and sleeping under the stars? Yeah, it’s magical. You might even spot dolphins if you’re lucky! Need we say more?
Situated by the Konkan Railway route, the trail between Kumta and Gokarna connects more than 10 clean and beautiful beaches on the northern tip of Karnataka. Most are untouched by regular tourists and only shelter few shacks for beach lovers. Start the trail at Kumta, walk through Vannali Beach, Kadle Beach, Nirvana Beach, Paradise Beach, Half-Moon Beach and Om Beach to name a few. End the trek at Gokarna, which is home to a famous Shiva Temple.
Please Note: This is a two-day trek covering approximately 15 kms in all. Every participant must carry 2 full bottles of water since there may not be shops or water outlets in between stops.
There will be a vehicle to carry luggage like sleeping bags, tents, camping equipment etc. So you need to carry only a day pack for water, food, cap etc. Please divide your luggage in 2 bags accordingly. The bag that is to be left in the vehicle should be locked.
Mumbai to Mumbai Cost: 4399/- per person
Kumta to Gokarna Cost: 2999/- per person ( Train Ticket Cost Not Included )
Participants from Pune can come to Panvel Station on Friday by road and Board the train at 23:20 Hrs
We will Drop you back to Panvel Station on Monday Early Morning at 05:30 Hrs and can reach Pune by any mode of transport available.
Day 0 - Friday Night
09:30 pm Meet the Trikon Team at CST and catch 12133/Mangalore Superfast Express for overnight journey
11:00 pm Pune Participants can board the train from Panvel Station
Day 1 - Saturday
09:00 am Reach Kumta, breakfast near the station
10:00 am Catch a bus to Kumta Beach
11:00 am Start the hike through number of beaches
12:00 pm Packed lunch on the way
04:00 pm Reach Belekan Beach, freshen up, set up camp for the night
08:00 pm Bonfire fun & games
Sleep under the stars in your sleeping bag or you also have the option to use the tents. Please carry sheets to be used in the tent at night if you don’t have a sleeping bag.
Day 2 - Sunday
06:00 am Wake up to the sight of the rising sun over the sea, freshen up
08:00 am Enjoy breakfast and chai
08:30 am Start the trek to Gokarna through Paradise, Half-Moon Beach, Om Beach
\03:00 pm Reach Gokarna Beach, enjoy lunch at a nearby hotel
05:30 pm Proceed towards Gokarna Road Station
06:38 pm Catch 12620/Matsyagandha Express from Gokarna Road Station
Day 3 - Monday
05:53 am Reach Thane Station
06:35 am Reach LTT Station
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek:
What is the distance and duration of the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek?
- The distance of the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek is approximately 16 kilometers (10 miles), and it can be completed in about 8-10 hours.
What is the difficulty level of the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek?
- The Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek is considered a moderate-level trek, suitable for trekkers with some experience. The trail is relatively well-marked and not too steep, but can be challenging due to the rocky and uneven terrain.
What are the best months to do the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek?
- The best time to do the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and cool. The trail can be quite hot and difficult to navigate during the summer months.
What are the must-see places on the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek?
- Some of the must-see places on the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek include the beautiful beaches of Gokarna, the Murudeshwar Temple, and the Mirjan Fort.
Is it safe to do the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek?
- Yes, it is generally safe to do the Kumta to Gokarna Beach Trek. However, as with any other trek, it is always a good idea to take necessary precautions and be prepared for the challenges of the trail. It is recommended to hire a local guide and carry adequate supplies of food, water, and a first-aid kit.
What is included in the tour
- Non-AC Sleeper train tickets Mumbai-Kumta and Gokarna-Mumbai
- Food- 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner
- Triple Sharing Tented Accommodation at Beach camp
- Local transport at Kumta and Gokarna
- Trikon expertise charges
- Vehicles to carry your luggage
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food ordered in train journey
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Hike through more than 10 pristine beaches along the Arabian Sea coast
- Ferry ride across the Aghanashini River
- Camp on a beach and sleep under the stars
- Enjoy local cuisine especially cooked for you
- Bonfire fun & games at night
- Witness gorgeous sunset and sunrise by the sea
- 3 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Energy Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, sunscreen etc.
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Sleeping bag or bed sheet
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card