If you are contemplating taking a few days off to enjoy a road trip in India, then we assure you nothing can beat Manali – Leh road trip. This trip will offer you a gamut of experience – soul-searching, wilderness, solace, ecstasy …It doesn’t matter whether you want to travel solo, with your better half, family or friends, this journey will not just let you explore the unseen but will also enrich you as a person. And with Trikon as your trip partner, you can be assured of a trip that is enjoyable in every sense. Come, join us on this wonderful trip by booking your spot today!
Ex Delhi : 29999/- ( Transport from Delhi to Leh via Manali )
Ex Bangalore : 44999/- ( Bangalore to Delhi & Leh to Bangalore by Flight )
Batch 1 : 20th June to 28th June 2020
Batch 2 : 25th July to 02nd August 2020
Batch 3 : 08th August to 16th August 2020
Day 1: Overnight drive from Delhi to Manali
Meet Trikon team at Majnu Ka Tila, proceed for an overnight drive to Manali.
Day 2: Explore Manali
Post breakfast, we will explore Manali. Visit natural hot water springs at Vashisht, a hidden waterfall and Naggar castle – a medieval castle, built by Raja Sidh Singh of Kullu in 1460 A.D. If time permits, relish a local cuisine for lunch. You can try the local trout fish and apple wine here. As the sun behind to set behind the mountains, making the sky glow in orange, we move to Old Manali, to soak ourselves into the hippie culture of Manali, enjoying some nice food and music in the cafés on the street.
Day 3: Drive to Jispa
As you scale up to Rohtang, the air behind to get thin with gain in altitude. By the hour, the terrain is changing, from green to semi green.Just as you cross Rohtang Pass, you can see the majestic ranges of Lahaul, with waterfalls gushing down the rocky mountain faces.
The drive to Jispa is a pleasing one. On getting there, settle into your rooms before we go for a walk in the town towards the river side or up a nearby hill, to get the best views of the valley.
Overnight at Jispa.
Day 4: Jispa to Leh
We now proceed for Leh. It's a journey of transformation, as we slowly move into the Ladaki flavour of mountains as we cross the Himachal Pradesh border at Sarchu, to get into the barren, yet enchanting mountains of Ladakh. We pass through a strange, but beautiful patch of flat plains - Moreh, spread over 60 kms, in the middle of these treacherous mountains. If time permits, we will visit the lesser seen, Tso Kar Lake.
After a long day, we finally reach Leh. Freshen up, just as the sun is about to set, we drive up to Shanti Stupa to watch the wonderfully lit pink sky as the sun drops behind the peaks.
Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 5: Leh, Local Sightseeing & Rafting
Enjoy your breakfast after a peaceful night’s sleep in the mountains. Once done, we leave for a thrilling adventure - River Rafting!
This will have your bellies craving for food; hence, we make way to Gurudwara Pathar Saheb, where you can enjoy the Langar, an age-old tradition. On our way back to Leh, we pass through the famous Magnetic Hill and visit Hall of Fame, a war museum constructed by the Indian Army in memory of brave Indian soldiers.
The evening is at leisure for shopping and exploring the town of Leh!
Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 6: Nubra Valley
Post breakfast, leave for Nubra Valley via Khardung La Pass. Enjoy some hot tea and samosa atKhardungla Top . Splendid 360° views from the top will fill your heart with joy. Have lunch enroute. Visit Diskit monastery, which is the oldest and largest Buddhist monastery in this region.
Settle into your tents freshen up; enjoy sipping some tea while you enjoy the silence in this mountain paradise. While the sunlight is still shining, leave for the sand dunes. Enjoy a camel ride while also spending some time getting those 'display pictures' clicked with the beautiful background that Nubra Valley offers.
On a clear night, you will be treated with one of the best views of the night sky, with the Milky Way, running right across. Night continues with some fun group games. Sleep tight.
Overnight stay in Nubra Valley.
Day 7: Nubra To Pangong Via Shayok
It's the most awaited day of any Ladakh trip - Drive to Pangong Lake. Enroute, you may opt to do the ATV rides in the sand dunes - it's not just about the ride, it's a ride with a fantastic view!
Words cannot do justice to the beauty of this place. We drive along the banks of Pangong Lake for 4 kms, until we reach our campsite.
Sip some tea, put on your best clothes with jackets as we go to the lakeside to admire the sensational beauty of Pangong Tso. Relax, sit by the lake in isolation as the soothing sound of the water creates an atmosphere of tranquillity. Wait! Not just that you will also get to witness the changing shades of this beautiful lake. Come back to your accommodation at Pangong and create memories with your co-travellers. We then wrap the day with dinner and sleep well.
Overnight at Pangong Lake.
Day 8: Pangong To Leh
Day 5 is a day of experiencing the ancient Buddhist culture of Ladakh. We drive via Chang La Pass – the third highest motorable mountain pass in the world. On reaching the other side, if time permits, we visit Hemis Monastery. We also visit Thiksey Monastery and Shey Palace. There is a small Tibetan Market opposite the Palace, this has souvenirs that costs lesser than the ones you get in Leh market, hence, you can spend sometime here grabbing gifts for your loved ones.
Retire for the day in Leh.
Day 9: Return Journey
Your trip concludes. Hope you enjoyed it! Get ready to proceed for your onward journey.
Things to Carry
- One valid Identity Proof, along with a Photocopy
- Water Bottles
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Headlamp / LED Torch
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Visit natural hot water springs and a hidden waterfall in Manali
- Explore Jispa
- Walk in the Moreh Plains, visit Tsokar Lake.
- Visit Shanti Stupa and watch the sunset.
- Visit the Magnetic Hill, a downhill road where vehicles rolls uphill!
- Enjoy river rafting in Leh
- Visit the Hall of Fame Museum constructed by the Indian Army
- Shopping on the streets of Leh
- Visit Gurudwara Patharsaheb and try the langar
- Visit Diskit Monastery
- Enjoy your day at Sand dunes with camel safari, star gazing and spotting the milky way
- Visit the Thiksey monastery in Nubra Valley
- Engage in the thrilling ATV rides
What is included in the tour
- Twin Sharing Accommodation
- Professional Trikon Lead throughout the tour
- Local guide for information throughout the tour
- Delhi to Manali by Volvo AC Bus
- High grade stays and good campsites
- Delicious buffet breakfast & dinner
- Entry tickets
- Force traveler for comfortable sightseeing vehicle
- Oxygen cylinder
- Well-equipped first aid box
- Airport pick up and drop
What is NOT included in the tour
- Traveling Till Delhi
- ATV Ride , River Rafting , Camel Safari
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- 5% GST