Night Trek to Andharban Forest
Grade: Medium | Endurance: High | Altitude: 2,100 feet Approx
This weekend, lose yourself in nature by venturing into a dark, dense forest. Night trekking in a dark jungle is a thrilling experience that you’ve got to try at least once! At Andharban, you will experience the wilderness of the jungle in a way that never fails to tempt trek-lovers. Uncover the mysteries of this wonderful dark forest and allow nature to impress you, for a never before experience!
Imagine yourself in the middle of a dark jungle, finding the route, towering over valleys and crossing ghats… Sounds adventurous?? Yeah!!!! You’ll be doing all this and more at Andharban – The Dark Forest Trek. This trek majorly consists of descending from the peak. It is one of the most stunning treks in the Konkan region and there are lots of things to explore. You will be walking on a ridge that gives an scintillating view of the Kundalika Valley below, the Bhira dam and the various mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. While you’re trekking, the dense, evergreen forests will cover you with their relaxing shade almost throughout first half of the trek (6-8 kms), surprising you with waterfalls every now and then! The trail then starts to descend down a rocky patch to reach Bhira (4 kms). This valley happens to be the origin of the Kundalika river, which is famous for its white water river rafting and other adventure activities!
Batch 1: 20th - 21st March 2021
Batch 2: 10th - 11th April 2021
Day 0 : Saturday
- 07:30 pm Meet the Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
- 08:00 pm Depart from Dadar
- 08.30 pm Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
- 08.45 pm Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
- 09:00 pm Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
Day 0 : Sunday
- 01:30 am Reach Pimpri dam, i.e the start point of our trek
- 02:00 am Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
- 07:00 am Reach Bhira dam, i.e. the End point of our trek
- 08:30 am Breakfast at Bhira
- 09:30 am Return journey to Mumbai
- 02:00 pm Mumbai (tentative time)
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private AC Bus
- Food: Breakfast
- Trikon Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Dinner for Saturday
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Trekking through the dark forest
- Crossing deep, dark valleys
- Thrilling experience of trekking amidst the wilderness