Mr. Bachchan had once said “Kutch nahi dekha toh Kuch nahi dekha!” This quote is true in all aspects. Kutch or Great Rann of Kutch or White Dessert refers to the white salt desert, which is an empty expanse of white salt land and has blue sky above. On the full moon night, watch the entire carpet of salt i.e. Rann of Kutch glow as if in a dreamland. Mix of art and culture, traditions and ancient heritage all come together to deliver a scintillating experience. During the Rann Utsav, you can experience the superior indulgence of Kutchi culture and live performances. Witness the local artisans weaving traditional artwork and displaying the handicrafts.
At Trikon, we also take you for a Bhuj sightseeing tour where you can explore the Havelis and Mahals for the Royal treatment.Shop for Bandani, jewelry and dazzling fabric for an amazing feel.
Please Note : Since the full moon is on a weekday, we have tried to schedule our batches on the closest weekends.
Event : 9999/- per person ( 2499 rs Extra for 3AC Coach Train Tickets )
Rann of Kutch Tour from Mumbai
3:00 pm / 05:00 pm : Meet the Trikon Team at Bandra Terminus OR Dadar and Catch Bhuj Train
Day 2 - Bhuj - Kalo Dungar – Hodka – White Desert
Start from station by 9 am, Have breakfast. Travel towards Kalo Dungar, Explore till 11:30 am, Reach hotel by 01:00 pm and get freshen up. Post Lunch leave for White Desert – Heaven on the Earth and enjoy life time memorable Sunset and also Full Moon beauty of White Rann. Feel lost in the white desert land. Thanks to the full moon glory, the White Rann emits the most beautiful colors to create a magical ambience you’ve always wished to experience. We can also see the Rann Utsav and enjoy local delicacies there. Try camel riding and attend live performances ( If its available). Come back to hotel and relax.
Day 3 - Bhuj Sight Seeing (Full day)
Wake up at 7 am and freshen up. Have breakfast by 8.00 am and start exploring Bhuj’s famous destinations. Visit Aaina Mahal & Prag Mahal and proceed for lunch. Post lunch explore Vijay Villas Palace & if the time permits, then we may witness Mandvi’s Famous Beach. Come back to Bhuj and drop station by 08:00 / 09.00 pm to catch train from Bhuj.
Day 4 - Back To Mumbai
Reach Mumbai by 12 pm / 2 pm.
P.S : Standard check in time at hotel is 11am. You may freshen up in the train itself and can take bath after checking in the hotel.
Please find the train details for onward from Mumbai and return journey back to Mumbai
Batch 1: Departure From Mumbai on 13th Jan 2023 at 17:45, Arrival at Mumbai on 16 Jan 2023 at 11:45 ( Bandra to Bhuj to Bandra )
Batch 2: Departure From Mumbai on 03rd Feb 2023 17:45, Arrival at Mumbai on 06th Feb 2023 at 02:30 pm ( Bandra to Bhuj to Dadar )
Batch 3: Departure From Mumbai on10th Feb 2023 at 17:45, Arrival at Mumbai on 13th Feb 2023 at 02:30 pm ( Bandra to Bhuj to Dadar )
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Triple sharing rooms at Village Hodka (Kutchi style bhunga Stay)
- Mumbai to Mumbai Train Travelling in Non AC Sleeper Class
- Pure Veg Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner – Day 2 ) ( Breakfast & Lunch – Day 3)
- Comfortable AC Bus for covering all destinations
- Entry, parking and toll charges
- Trikon expertise charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Day 1 & 3 Dinner
- Rides and activity charges
- Performance charges
- Camera charges
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Blend the rich local art and culture of Dhordo – Kutch
- Handicraft artists weaving the beautiful art works
- Be at the top most point for sunrise sighting of Rann – Kalo Dongar
- Live up the blissful moment of Full Moon at Rann
- Witness the world famous RANN UTSAV
- Enjoy doing camel ride and watch live performances
- Walk across the widespread White Salt Dessert
- Visit Vijay Vilas Palace, Aaina Mahal and Mandavi beach
- Local shopping and food hopping around Bhuj
Things to Carry
- Water Bottles
- A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Participants must carry cash in order to survive and buy anything at Rann. Except high end luxury hotels, restaurants and souvenir shops, plastic money such as credit card and debit card is not accepted throughout Rann.
- ATM’s are common only in Bhuj, and beyond that finding ATM is also difficult.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please make sure you report at the start location as per the itinerary. No refunds would be entertained by Trikon. Consult your Trikon buddy in advance in case of any changes.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Anybody found consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
1. What is Rann of Kutch and Where is it? Why is Rann of Kutch is famous for? What is special in Rann of Kutch?
The three-month-long Rann of Kutch festival is primarily what Gujarat's tourism industry is known for because of its splendour. A cuisine display, stalls of traditional handicrafts & embroidery coupled with a tent hotel are located on the White Rann's edge. In Gujarat Tourism there are eight hubs and one of the best hubs is Kutch and hence Gujarat Tourism Started to Celebrate Rann of Kutch Festival or Rann Utsav.
The closest city to the Rann campus is Bhuj, (about 80 kms, 2 hours’ drive) which is located in the Gujarat state of Kutch. Rann is the Gujarati/Kutchi word for dessert. The Rann of Kutch, or Rann Utsav (festival), is said to be strewn across a vast white desert that extends upto 7850 sq kms almost endlessly till you can see the moon!
It's possible that this is the reason why legendary Indian actor Amitabh Bacchhan, who serves as the Rann Utsav's brand ambassador, is quoted as saying, "Why should people go to the moon when they can view moon here on earth in Kutch during full moon?"
The term "white desert" refers to a desert where the sand has been completely replaced by a white salt layer. Visitors take in the full moon vista from the observation platform Machan, which was built with a 360-degree perspective in mind.
You may also jog continuously till your leg aches on the white salt. It is your white carpet to the moon!
2. How to reach Bhuj?
There is rail, road and air connectivity from all the major metropolitan cities in India such as Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkotta, and Delhi. We can board the Kutch Express from Mumbai, via Ahmedabad and up to Gandhinagar, from there, we can reach our destination by road. Alternatively, we could also stop at Ahmedabad and then catch a train or a taxi to Bhuj. Once in Bhuj it is easy reach Rann Utsav.
3. What is the best time to visit Rann of Kutch? Which is the best month to visit Rann of Kutch?
The best time to visit Gujarat or Kutch is during the festival itself i.e. 26th October 2022 to 20th February 2023. We will almost be touring the spot during winters when the weather is apparently pleasantly chilly, especially during mornings and nights.
4. Is there anything else apart from Rann Utsav which we will explore?
Yes. There are monuments like Aina mahal, Prag Mahal, Mandvi Beach, Kalo Dongar, Vijay vilas palace which is situated at the Indo-Pak Border.
5. What is Little Rann of Kutch?
Kutch Desert is divided into the Little Rann which is 4,950 sq km and the Great Rann which is a 7,850 sq km desert. Together they form the largest adjoining tracts of wildlife territory in India. If ypu are willing to visit Little rann of kutch, We have a different event of it, Which you can check on our website.
6. Is it safe to travel solo for a such a trip?
Most certainly. Kutch is a popular tourist destination and every year travellers from over 20 countries visit this stunning location.
7. What is the special attraction at the Great Rann of Kutch?
A camel safari on the White Desert is a must when you are in the Great Rann.
8. What sort of stay facilities are available and where?
There are accommodation facilities available ranging from walk-in small lodges, to budget hotels in and around Bhuj. However, there are standard, deluxe, and luxurious tent facilities at the Great Rann. Our stay will be in Kutchi style Bhunga near Rann. You can check the photos in photos section or ask us for the same
9. Is it worth visiting ROK?
If you prefer exploring something new and offbeat from the regular crowded tours, and are comfortable with less physical activities and more road commutes, then this is the best suggestion for you. Bhuj is known for its small city with a rural outlook, meandering streets, palaces and temples.
10. What are the activities I can pursue?
If you also like to try a specific colloquial street food, then a must eat dish would be that of ‘Dabeli’ (Indian Burger).
Across your entire scheduled visit, it may be filled with fresh traditional vibes from Gujarat including their food and shopping.
11. What can I buy from Kutch? Shopping at Kutch?
You will see a tinge of the cultural mend in all of their hospitality. One can also keep a day for binge shopping at the Bhuj market for the very popular Bandhini sarees, chunky silver jewellery, garments with mirror work, and oil-based painting as souvenirs.