Sondai Fort Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Sondai fort is a hidden beauty of Karjat. It is not a popular destination but it will blow your mind for sure! This Fort is a part of the Matheran range. This is one of the best treks to visit during monsoons near Mumbai. From Sonewadi base village it takes 15-20 mins to reach the plateau. 2 adjoined cisterns reserve water. We can have a view of Gavari hill from here. After climbing the carved stairs one can see dried cistern also on the right side a ladder is available to ascend. As the place is believed to be sacred due to the Sondai temple one must take off their shoes and continue their trek. After climbing the rock patch one can see 2 cisterns in which one huge pillar stands tall. The top view gives a splendid view of the Matheran Mountain range. Green landscapes and even foggy pinnacle during the monsoon!
Note: Participants need to Catch Khopoli Fast local train which leaves from CSMT at 11:18 PM. If you miss this train, you will miss the full event.
01.11 am: Meet-Trikon Team at Karjat Station
01.45 am:Reach base village
02.15 am: Start Trek Post Introduction and briefing
03:45 am: Reach the top and rest
06:30 am: Good Morning... Enjoy the Nature
07:30 am Start descend
09:00 am: Reach base village and freshen up
09:30 am: Have breakfast
11:00 am: Leave for Karjat and Catch the next train for Mumbai
CSMT – Khopoli Fast Local Saturday
11:18 pm: CSMT
11:25 pm: Byculla
11:31 pm: Dadar
11:38 pm: Kurla
11:42 pm: Ghatkopar
11:58 pm: Thane
12:10 am: Dombivali
12:18 am: Kalyan
01:10 am: Karjat
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport from Karjat - Karjat
- Food: Morning Breakfast
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- 5% GST
- 3-4 Cisterns which hold water.
- Sondai Devi Statue and 2-3 carved idols which are kept under a tree.
- Beautiful and enormous Matheran Mountain Range which is heaven to witness during monsoons!
- Morbe Dam which gives an amazing view during monsoons.
- The breathtaking view of Vavarle Dam holding the monsoon rain water.