Sudhagad Monsoon Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Medium
Surrounded by lush green grass and landscapes, the trek route towards Sudhagad is beautiful and scintillating. The 50 acre plateau with green meadows won’t fail to mesmerize you at the top. Navigate through steep stairs and ladders to reach this strategically placed fort.
Back in 2nd century BC, the devotees of Bhorai Devi built a temple at the top. Later the fort was captured by Bahamani Sultan while Marathas took over it in 1657 and named it as Sudhagad, which means the sweet fort.
05:50 am: Meet Travel Trikon at Kotak Mahindra Atm near Pritam Hotel Dadar (E)
06:00 am: Leave for Base Village
06:15 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
06:30 am: Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge
06:45 am Pickup at Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
09:00 am Reach Base Village and have Breakfast\
10:30 am Start the trek
01.00 pm Reach the top
02:00 pm Start descend
04:00 pm Reach Base Village and have late lunch
06:00 pm Start for the return journey
09:00 pm Reach Mumbai (Depends upon the traffic)
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Dadar - Dadar
- Food: Breakfast & Lunch (Only Veg)
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Huge entrance gate of Sudhagad
- Forests and lush green paddy fields
- Higher ramparts of the fort
- Secret escape route
- Shiva Temple on the fort
- Bhorai Devi temple
- Paks of Sarasgad, Korigad, Dhangad, Taila-Baila can be seen