Visapur Monsoon Trek
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
This mighty Visapur fort is located just 9 km away from Malavi station. Visapur fort is larger than Lohagad which is known to be its twin fort. There are 2 routes by which you can trek towards this beautiful monument. One from Malavi station, the second route from Tar road which is a new construction from the Bhaje caves to Lohagad village base.
During the monsoon at Visapur, you can witness nature’s beauty that is the waterfall! A beautiful waterfall will grab all your attention and make you forget everything. If you are a beginner or a trekker looking for an easy trek to explore, then Visapur Fort Trek is just for you!
The most exciting thing you will find here is Staircase waterfall. Yes you heard it right, staircase waterfall. You will surely remember Bhushi damn after seeing this staircase waterfall.
Visapur fort was captured by Shivaji Maharaj when the Mughal could not handle it anymore and had to give up. Using higher elevation to Lohagad the British troops captured the fort by setting up cannons on Visapur and destroyed Lohagad. In 1818 AD, the fort was captured by the British Raj. As this fort had a huge significance. Its south and north gateways were blown up.
Batch 1 : Saturday, 31st August 2019
Batch 2 : Sunday, 1st September 2019
05:50 am: Meet Trikon at Pune Railway Station at 06:00 am
06:00 am: Catch Pune - Lonavala Local at 06:30 am
07:30 am : Get Down at Malavli Station
07:45 am : Take Local Transport to reach Bhaje Village
09:00 am: Reach Base village and Enjoy breakfast
09:30 am: Post Introduction Start our trek.
11:30 pm: Reach the Top, Explore.
02:30 pm: Post Lunch , Start Descend.
04:30 pm: Reach the Base Village
05:00 pm: Enjoy Evening Snacks at base village
06:00 pm: Leave for Malavli Station
07:00 pm: Reach Pune
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Ancient caves Old Grinder
- Beautiful Lord Hanuman temple.
- A small and large Cannon at Visapur fort.
- The enormous Visapur fort wall.
- Explore the secret route to escape from Visapur Fort.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Malavli to Malavli
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion