Imagine getting off a spaceship on a lonely planet few light years away from Earth and standing in front of a huge stone castle said to be of an alien king…Probably that’s what you will feel like when you see the Yana Caves! After a small trek you will see two massive black rock outcrops jutting out of the dense forest, as if you’ve just discovered a new world. You can then roam inside the caves and surrounding area, challenge the photographer inside you to capture these unbelievable structures.
The Apsarakonda Falls, on the other hand, is like a place we would imagine in fairy tales brimming with angels and magical creatures. The falls are also accessible after a small trek through a well-marked route. Another set of mythical caves await your arrival here—the Pandava caves. There are also a few temples located in the vicinity.
The Sahyadri range holds treasures beyond measure. Yana Caves is one such example. Two sooty rock hillocks, made of crystalline limestone can be seen rising sharply above a blanket of green forest. They have been named—Bhairaveshwara and Mohini, after two mythological characters. The former embodies a self-manifested Shiva Lingam while there is an idol of Goddess Parvati inside the latter. The cave temple is also popular for Shivratri celebration by locals. A simple trek of 3kms through a thick, damp forest is all you need to get there. The area is also apt for nature walks to observe its biodiversity.
The “pond of the angels” or Apsarakonda is said to be of ancient origin. The beauty of the place will leave you awestruck. It can be reached after a small trek through the jungle. The water flows down through roots of a peepal tree that descends to the pond below. The mystery doesn’t end here. Hidden behind the foliage are the caves that were once occupied by Pandavas during their exile, as per popular belief. Monsoon is the best time to visit this place.
About Vibhooti Fall
Tranquility at its best can be experienced at Vibhooti Falls, Karnataka. This small length cascading waterfalls is bliss and is surely a hidden treasure as tourists hardly reach here. Located close to the icon Yana Caves, Vibhooti Falls is a much-awaited destination.
Batch 1 : 19th - 20th July 2019
Batch 1 : 17th & 18th August 2019
Batch 1 : 13th & 14th September 2019
Day 0 Friday
10:00 pm Meet Trikon Buddies at CST and board 12133 / Mangalore Express for overnight journey
Day 1- Saturday
11:00 pm Reach Kumta
12:30 pm Reach Honnavar (30 km from Kumta), Freshen up
01:00 pm Enjoy local delicacy for lunch and relax
02:00 pm Start for Vibhooti Waterfall
03:30 pm Reach Vibhooti Waterfall
05:30 pm Start our return journey for Honnavar
07:00 pm Reach Honnavar
08.30 pm – Have dinner, share stories and hit the bed
Day 2- Sunday
06:00 am Wake up call
07:00 am Have breakfast and gear up for the day
08:30 am Check out from hotel
11:00 am Reach Yana caves, start exploring and photography
02:00 pm Enjoy packed lunch
03:00 pm Proceed towards Kumta station
04:50 pm Board train from Kumta for Mumbai
Day 3- Monday
06:35 am Reach Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
Things to Carry:-
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Rain Gear
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, sunscreen etc.
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Swimming in the sea is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile connectivity is unavailable in the area
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Visit an unusual corner of Karnataka tucked away in greenery
- Enjoy a relaxed evening at the Apsarakonda waterfall
- Have fun at Apsarakonda beach
- Trek through a dense forest to Yana Caves
- Explore and capture the unique Yana Caves
- Trek to Unexplored Vibhooti Waterfall
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from Mumbai to Mumbai
- Dormitory Accommodations at Honnavar
- Food: Day 1 - Lunch , Dinner; Day 2 - Breakfast , Lunch
- Trikon Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food ordered in train journey
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST